T W E N T Y - T W O

I shouldn't be mad

I shouldn't be mad. I shouldn't want to drive back to that stupid fucking party and choke that straw-haired blonde asshole out for forcibly kissing my fucking sub. 

I saw the entire interaction. As I was walking into the room, he was clearly inebriated, barely holding on to consciousness when that stringy haired bitch made a move on him. I know Kai, and I'm guessing that he thinks I'm mad at him. But I'm not.

I'm mad at myself.

I knew where he was, I knew he was drunk, and I didn't show up in time. 

I look over at the passenger seat to my little man, only to find his face pressed against the window, sleeping. Little snores escaping his soft, parted lips.

Fucking hell, he's too cute for his own good. 

I sigh as I pull into my parking space, sending a quick message from my phone. While waiting for my henchman, I steal another glance at my little sleeping prince. He looks so peaceful like this. Just as I reach out to brush his hair back, the passenger door opens and his head rolls down to his chest and dips toward the concrete below. The only thing stopping him from waking up with a considerable bump on the head was his hastily fastened seatbelt. 

"Jesus fucking christ, Darius. Be more gentle, he's fucking sleeping!" I whisper shout in his direction, and Darius bows his head in submission.

"I apologize mistress. I will be more careful." He removes Kai's buckle and softly lifts the skinny boy into his arms. I sigh in frustration while exiting the car. I know for a fact Darius rapidly opened the door on purpose. 

"Take him upstairs and then leave." I slam my door shut. I have zero fucking patience for toxic masculinity this late at night. 

My heels click hard against the parking-garage floor, each step feels like a stab into the concrete. I have absolutely no right to be angry, but it doesn't change the fact that I am. I'm human, and most human emotions are illogical or unwarranted. This one included.

The ride up the elevator is shrouded in silence. I stand with my arms crossed and my left foot tapping incessantly against the floor. Darius leans casually against the elevator wall with a softly-snoring Kai in his arms. 

"What?" I snarl, feeling his questioning eyes boring into my skin yet refusing to look his direction.

He doesn't respond, but I can sense that there's something on his mind. The heat his eyes are casting on my body tell me this much.

I reach out to grab his cock in my hand, and squeeze. Hard.

I watch the slight wince in his expression, the way his right eye twitches slightly. "If you have something to say to me, then say it."

My eyes are narrowed and shooting lasers his direction, yet his expression remains unwavering. Darius is a faithful client, but his poker face gets on my fucking nerves sometimes.