007. curfews

"why do you have a curfew?" andie asked, keeping her eyes on him as she walked by his side

"why do you have a curfew?" andie asked, keeping her eyes on him as she walked by his side. their conversation had got cut short due to the mention of the time.

"my father doesn't like keeping me out late."

"why's that? it's not even that late."

"who knows? he doesn't tell anyone anything. and — it's pretty dark out, it does seem a bit late to me."

"your father's very controlling." she replied, trying her best not to sound rude.

"there's nothing anyone can do about it. it's not the greatest, but i manage." he smiled. "my grandmother sometimes attempts to convince my father to let me stay out later than he'd want me to, but she hasn't succeeded, yet."

the two entered the castle side by side, being welcomed by josh's father standing by the doorway.

"josh, i need to speak to you... alone." his father spoke.

"i'll just.."

"go ahead, andie. i will see you in the morning." josh smiled, watching the brunette girl skip down the main room and up the flight of stairs.

once the girl was out of sight, josh looked at his father, somewhat confused.

"i don't like that girl, josh. something is... odd about her." ezekiel, josh's father, admitted.

"what's so odd about her? she's just a girl who traveled a long way. i needed company in the palace, anyway." josh replied, brushing the whole situation off, "can we discuss this later? i have some — things i need to get to. good night, father."

and with that, josh walked away.

ezekiel couldn't put a finger on what was off about andie. he was mainly focused on her, not evan. why was that?