Chapter 6

I held a massive stack of papers, balancing them in my arms as I made my way to my office. They were all of the reports from Stark Industries that were sent to Tony. He wanted me to look over them and give him a summary of everything he needed to know.

A blue blur rushed past me, and my papers went flying everywhere. I cursed softly and a split second later, Pietro Maximoff appeared with my papers in his hands, looking sheepish.

"Sorry," he said, his accent rolling.

"Don't worry about it," I said, taking the papers from him. "Thank you for picking them up."

He stayed for a moment longer before smiling.

"We haven't really been introduced properly," he said, sticking out a hand. "I'm Pietro."

I shook his hand and smiled.

"Y/n," I said. "Nice to meet you."

Pietro smiled at me and eyed my papers.

"I – uh... I suppose I will let you get back to work, then," he said.

I chuckled and nodded.

"Thank you," I said.

He smiled at me once again before walking away a bit and then zooming off. I assumed he'd walked as to not disturb my papers again.

I entered my office and started going over the papers. The process took a couple of hours, and I memorised all of the information I needed to relay to Tony.

"Jarvis, where's Tony?" I asked.

"His lab, Miss L/n," Jarvis replied.

I thanked Jarvis and walked to the elevator. When it opened, Tony was already standing there.

"Oh, Tony sir-"

"Stop calling me that," he chuckled. "Please, call me Tony only. When you call me stuff like that, I feel old."

I laughed.

"Okay, Tony," I said. "I have a summary on the reports, and I need you to-"

"No can do, kiddo," he said.

"Mr Stark, you have-"

"A mission right now," Tony interrupted. "Cancel everything. And you can have the rest of the day off."

I sighed exasperatedly. I needed Tony's confirmation on a few things, and I'd already moved his meetings around twice.

"Tony, I'm not so sure that's a good idea-"

"I got a mission, Y/n," he said, shrugging. "Cap's orders."

I sighed and shook my head.

"And since when do you listen to Captain Rogers?" I muttered under my breath.

Tony laughed, and I realised I'd said it a bit too loud.

The elevator opened and Tony walked into the common space. Pietro, Wanda, and Vision were sitting on the couch, watching a sitcom. Pietro turned his head when he heard us enter the room, and he smiled at me. I smiled back quickly before continuing talking to Tony.

"Tony, I really need-"

Tony's suit began assembling around him, causing loud clanking sounds, effectively drowning out my words. When it was done, he continued walking to the balcony.

"Tony, you have a meeting with..." I trailed off as he flew away. "Secretary Ross."

I sighed rubbed my temples. I'd have to move that meeting around again.