Prologue

Years had long passed since the Avatar Aang and his friends ended the hundred-year war and began a time of peace and unity. 

Team Avatar had, of course, grown over the years and had started families of their own.

An older Avatar Aang was sitting outside the air temple he now called home, located just off the coast of the magnificent Republic City. It was close to dawn, but the temple was already bustling with life and excitement. 

"Aang?" The Avatar turned his head when he heard his wife, Azira, call to him. 

"It's happened," She smiled, tears of joy in her eyes. 

Aang smiled back and stood up. Taking his wife's hand and going inside the temple, where his family were all gathered in one of the rooms. Crowded around a bed were Aang and Zira's youngest son, Tenzin, and his beautiful wife, Pema. 

Pema's parents, Shai and Ty Lee stood by Aang and Zira's two older children, Their son and daughter, Ursa and Bumi, all smiling at the sleeping bundle in Pema's arms. 

Tenzin looked up and smiled when his parents entered. 

"Mom, Dad" He waved them over, the others clearing a path for the elderly couple. 

Walking closer, Aang felt tears in his eyes as he stared down lovingly at the baby lying in her mother's arms.

His granddaughter. 

The tiny baby slowly opened her sleepy eyes to reveal stormy grey orbs filled with curiosity and mischief.

"She's perfect", Aang smiled, holding out a hand to the child and chuckling slightly as she grabbed his finger, cooing softly. 

"Have you decided on a name yet?" Azira asked, watching adoringly as the baby girl let out a laugh when Aang pulled a funny face at her. 

Pema smiled up at her husband as he gently took his newborn daughter in his arms. 

"...Elira..." Tenzin replied softly, gazing down at his child with pure love 

"Her name is Elira."