Chapter 12: The Champion Selection

Y/n's POV:

He knows. He knows. And I know he knows. And I know he knows.

How did he find out? What shall I do? He might abandon me. Or expose me to everyone. Thoughts were running through my head and I don't know what to do. On one hand, he's still here and caring for me. But he could be waiting for me to tell him then suddenly leave and tell everyone. No Y/n. He wouldn't do that, but there's a chance he could.

"Y/n." Fred said waving his hand in my face. "Y/n, did you hear me?"

"Hmm. What did you say?" I asked, I knew what he said but I needed to hear it again, just to hear his tone.

"You know you can tell me anything. Right." Fred repeated. With a tone that he knows something. Fred definitely found out, but how. He's been in class all day.

"Yeah I know. There's nothing to tell you." I lied, hoping he would fall for it.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yep. Everything is fine. Completely fine." I said with a half convincing smile.

"Okay then." Fred said, I can tell he was slightly disappointed that I didn't tell him. But the truth is, I'm not ready to tell anyone. But I need to talk to Teddy. I need to tell him that Fred knows.

"Who do you think will be selected as champions?" I asked to change the subject away from my secret.

"I think that Angelina will be the Hogwarts champion, and I don't really care about the other two. What about you?" He asked.

"As much as I want a Gryffindor to be the champion, I have a feeling that Cedric will be chosen." I said which earned a scoff from Fred.

"Of course. Pretty Boy Diggory." Fred scoffed.

"What have you got against Cedric. I know he beat us in Quidditch last year but what do you hate about him so much?" I asked.

"He's trying to flirt with you, and I-" Fred paused "I don't like it." He sort of whispered.

"Fred." I said putting a lazy hand on his shoulder. "I don't like Cedric like that. I like someone else." I said with a wink.

"Who is it then?" Fred asked smiling, he perked up when I said I didn't like Cedric.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. Only if he manages to ask me out." I said with another wink, subtly hinting to Fred.

"Let's hope he does." Fred said, sort of oblivious. I sighed quietly, kind of hoping he would ask me out now.

"Come on. Their choosing the champions!" I said as I tried to get out of bed, but sickness overtook me and I fell back into the bed.

"Come here. Let me help." Fred said. He gently put one of his arms underneath my knees and the other by my head. He picked me up and hoisted me up slightly so he could adjust his hands.

Once he had me firm in his grip, he opened the bedroom door and carried me gently down the steps. He and George had figured out a spell so he and George could go to by dorm without the stairs turning into a slide. He carried me carefully down the stairs and constantly checking if I was okay, which I was really sweet. I couldn't help but stare into his deep brown eyes with complete admiration. He's so handsome, but I know he wouldn't date me, I'm not pretty enough and he definitely won't want to be with me when I eventually tell him what I am.
But I was cut off my train of thought when me and Fred made it down to the common room. I saw both George and Teddy, George was leaning against the wall and Teddy was sitting on the sofa alone. He gestured me to talk to him when he had a minute, I nodded and turned my attention back to George who was making his way towards me and Fred.