Chapter 155: Breakup

Previous chapters were gonna be in Edric's P.O.V. but I forgot

Edric's P.O.V.

Am I being selfish? I just don't know if me and Hunter would be able to make it work. Him becoming a dangerous wendigo and all. The only reason Amity had her legs fixed so quickly was because mom and dad payed a lot for the best healing witches. Surprised it actually worked anyway.

I really don't want to lose him, but I don't know how I can be with him if this happens for the second time since the first was more than enough. Don't know how to let him down gently. Guess I'll... Just have to be blunt.

Picking up the scroll while the image of that golden deer in my head, I go to messaging him, but notice he sent me another text. The reason I hadn't talked to him much is because I don't want to get anymore attached to him than I already am, since this maybe for the best. The text he's sent us talking about how distant he feels we are.

'I'm sorry. I can't see you anymore. The wendigo curse could happen at any moment and I don't know how to handle it'. And without thinking, I send it, then realizing maybe I should've said that more softly. "Damn it!" And I remember you can't delete messages unless it's a comment. 

But it's not like Hunter is constantly edgy like when we first met. So maybe he'll take the breakup well. Wait... I'm his first partner... Oh sh!t, he's going to lose his mind.. I remember my first break up. Constantly laying on the floor while listening to punky music. I really hope he takes it better than me.

Or was this a mistake? I don't know.

(Short chapter. But remember when I said there'd be an angsty one? Here it is.)