Solomons Son x Shelby!Reader - 'Hidden' - REQUESTED

Hey everyone!!

So this was another amazing request that I got about reader and Alfie Solomons son! Such a cute concept!!
Please leave feedback!!

Also, I have just started a Marvel Characters collection of one shots and imagines - requests now open so feel free to message with those!! Xxx

Enjoy!
——————-

'Y/N, I will not keep covering up for you' Charlie groans as he wipes his hand over his face in frustration. You roll your eyes and huff.

'I'm not asking you to Charlie' you say through a sigh, lolling your head over the back of the chair you were perched in. Charlie continues his pacing in front of you and you stare at the sunsetting sky tainted with black smoke and greying clouds.

'So when are you going to end this?' he asks and you raise your head suddenly. Confusion evident on your face, Charlie's eyes widen.

'You are going to end this aren't you?' he quizzes you and you fumble with your fingers, avoiding his eyes. Charlie leans down in front of you and captures them anyway.

'Charlie I..it's not...I don't know if I can end this' you stutter and he swears under his breath.

This had all started when Alfie Solomons had taken a trip to Birmingham. And he had brought his son with him. Up until he came to your home, nobody was even aware that the man had a son, but he had certainly made an impression. On you.

The first time you had seen the son of the infamous baker was when they had both shown up outside your house. You'd been innocently coming down the stairs of the house when you had found Tommy stood at the door, shoulders raised so as to shield Alfie's view of the inside of the house. So you had raised to your tip toes and peered over, keeping to the top of the stairs so as to hide for a moment longer. That's when you had seen him. You now knew him as Isaac, but then you had only noticed the black hat he wore and the mischievous smile he had thrown your way when he caught you hiding on the top stop. You'd blushed furiously and rushed back up the stairs. Till the next time you saw him, walking down the street in London.

Small meetings like this had quickly lead to hidden meetings and quiet dates in pubs miles from your home where nobody would know your face. He was kind and gentle and warm. Isaac was a gentleman. He never once spoke about your family or his father and the pair of you avoided bringing up anything to do with business, purely enjoying the bliss that each others company brought. He was 19, only a couple of years older than you and you were not ashamed to say you had quite quickly fallen for him. He looked very similar to his father, which should have scared you more than it did. Despite the resemblance, his features were softer, his eyes not having yet hardened with the world he belonged to. When he spoke to you, he spoke of the future and his own goals, none of them involving the danger of your current world. He only ever wanted to be free and happy. Neither of you spoke about the difficulty that would bring.

Charlie was never supposed to know, only having found out one evening when Isaac Solomons, the big gentle giant, had decided to walk with you closer to your home than you normally would have allowed. This particular night though, you had both had more than a little to drink and had thrown caution to the wind. Which in turn had meant you hadn't considered the possible issues with walking to the stables for cover when the rain had started pouring down. And you also hadn't even thought about who may be there when you arrived, or who you were walking with. Tommy had just been leaving the yard, you'd dragged Isaac behind the shed, hiding in the shadows and instantly sobering up. Unbeknownst to you, Charlie had already seen, instantly spotting the Solomons boy and making a mental note of his face. He had caught you a few days later and demanded to know what you were doing. You had told him. Not everything. Just that you had been for a drink with Isaac, who was innocent enough. As days turned to weeks however, you had found comfort in going to Charlie, finally having someone to talk to about it all. He wasn't the ideal person to speak to about feelings, but he was the only one that knew. With you being the youngest Shelby girl, Charlie had always offered you a fatherly figure, whether he intended to or not. Which brought you to your current predicament of being asked the question that you hoped wouldn't come for a long while.

'He's coming to see me tomorrow' you whisper, fully aware that your voice would break should you try to speak louder. Charlie nods solemnly.

'And you will tell him you can't see him anymore' he finishes and you jump from your seat, anger bubbling over.

'You're just like the rest of them. I'm not a child Charlie, not anymore. And if you all had it your way, I'd be alone for the rest of my life, locked away and out of sight!' you shout before turning around and storming home.

You knew that what you had said was unfair, Charlie wanted you safe. He knew you yearned for happiness like you had seen your siblings have, he knew how desperately you wanted to be away from the danger. But he couldn't take this away from you. No matter how much truth you knew were in his words.

The following day, you had been invited to the family meeting in the morning. You were unable to sit still, watching the clock and knowing how soon Isaac would be waiting for you. Tommy grew irritated with you and told you to leave if you had more important things to do. You had apologised and tried desperately not to fidget for the rest of the meeting. Tommy had told you that the rest of the family would be in the city over for a large meeting and wouldn't be back until late. He had warned you to stay out of trouble and be home before dark if you planned on going anywhere. You agreed passively and said goodbye as the family headed out.

'Where have you been?' Isaac's voice instantly brought a smile to your face, his happiness matching yours as he wrapped his arms around you and brought your small form closer to his own.

'Sorry, something came up!' you explained, knowing he would understand that your lack of information would indicate family stuff. He nodded respectfully and you stepped away from the embrace.

'So, what's the plan for today sweetheart?' he asks gently and you blush at the pet name.

After a long walk, a hidden drink, and a lot of rain later, you had decided it was time to discuss with him the status of the relationship. Charlie was right, no matter how much you hated to admit it. You lead Isaac down the back road of the house and let yourself and him into the back door of the house, leading him through the kitchen and up the stairs to the room you had once shared with Ada.

'We need to talk' you said quietly, once safely in your room.

*****

Arthur threw his hands in his pockets and his head back, feeling the rain drops trickles down the back of his coat. John came to stand next to him.

'I don't understand why we still have to be here' John mutters, half to Arthur and half to himself.

'Pols gone, Finns gone, everyone else is having fun. Tom, can we just wrap this up now' Arthur grunts and Tommy turns to face them.

'You two go on. I have some more things I need to handle before I leave. I'll see you at home boys' and with Tommys seal of approval, Arthur and John scramble back in the direction of their car.

Once they have pulled up outside the house, and John has finally managed to park the car, John pulls his coat closer to himself and fumbles to find the house key.

'We go, we check on Y/N and then we get to the Garrison pronto' Arthur confirms the plan and John nods, finally pushing open the front door and stepping in, noting that the light upstairs is on.

'Y/N' Arthur calls quietly, weighing up the chance that you could be asleep. John stays downstairs, sorting through the post of the day and Arthur makes his way up the stairs. He sees the light under your door and smiles to himself. His plan to quickly pop his head round the door, check you were okay and then head for a well earned drink. He carefully and quietly opens the door a crack, his head coming round the corner of the door, smile still on his face. He closes the door, takes a moment, registers the sight he saw, and throws open the door again.

Isaac and you scramble away from one another, clothes slightly askew but still on your bodies thank the Lord.

'Arthur' you almost scream, watching as his face gets redder and redder. Isaac pushes himself against the window sill, ready to jump to his death if it meant avoiding death by your brothers.

'I'll bloody kill him' Arthur roars, the sounds of Johns footsteps on the stairs being a distant echo in the face of the volume of your oldest brothers voice.

You scramble from your bed, throwing yourself between Isaac and Arthur, holding your hands up and trying desperately to push Arthur away.

'Arthur, I can explain, please, let me explain' you cry, tears falling down your cheeks as John stops dead in your doorway, shock on his face as his eyes cross the faces of the three people already in the room.

'What the hell is going on in here?' John is currently the only one not shouting as you continue to push at Arthurs chest.

'Please John, please help me' you cry out again, vaguely aware of Arthurs hand gripping onto the collar of Isaacs shirt.

John grabs Arthur, pulling him back and cornering him on the other side of the room, turning his head in your direction, his eyes flitting between you and Isaac as he grapples with Arthur who is seething with rage.

'You've got a lot of explaining to do Y/N'.