Years Apart || 05

heart attack? 😚

__

age difference between jimin and jungkook is four years.

_____

_____

it wasn't until jimin turned ten that he started noticing the dull environment of his house. he had returned from his martial art class along with jungkook whom his mother insisted on taking with him for that day. and oh how thankful he was for the decision, for having his six-year-old brother watching the parents arguing with each other wasn't something he wanted jungkook to experience.

the last christmas, which was supposed to be joyous for the family, in turn became the first day when he saw his dad sitting alone in their room, while the mother was storming out, tears streaming down her pretty face like a river and eyes gleaming in anger. something wasn't right.

she had carried the younger boy who looked confused with the commotion when jaehyun came out, stopping her by her arm. for the first time, jimin felt so helpless and scared, staring at his parents who were an ideal couple in his eyes and his superheros.

that day, with jungkook's crying voice as eunmi hugged him and gave false assurance that everything will be fine, jimin learnt that nothing lasts forever. nothing. be it his crayons, or the ice cream his dad got for him, his snacks, or even the love between people — like his parents.

eunmi walked away, alone, because jaehyun didn't leave his sons' hands, holding them securely as if promising his children that whatever happens their daddy will always be their pillar. which again reminded jimin of the lesson he learnt, nothing lasts forever, not even promises, because in the next two years, he was sitting with jungkook in an unfamiliar surrounding, seeing both of his parents, facing each other with guilt laden eyes. the judge hammered twice, and signed the papers that were kept in front of him.

for jimin's fear, he knew what it meant when the old man of law said something looking at eunmi and she smiled softly. a tear slipped down from his eyes to his puffy cheeks that his mother said resembled to a soft rice cake. his grip on his brother's hand tightened, earning a glance from the eight-year-old jungkook who was still a bit confused after seeing their mother back after two years.

as if jimin could foresee everything he shook his head, hugging jaehyun with all his will, telling him to do something and take jungkook with them too. "i'm sorry" were the only words that came out of his mouth that day as he patted jimin's head, looking over to his younger son who had tears in his eyes on seeing his hyung and dad crying.

"i'm so sorry, kook," jaehyun broke into a sob, kneeling down as he brought jungkook in his embrace, mumbling apologies over and over again.

"what happened dad?"