Part 4

The next morning I woke up feeling tired. I got out of bed and looked in the mirror. God I look awful. I quickly fixed my hair and brushed my teeth, and headed downstairs.
My parents and brother were already in there. My dad, as usual sitting at the table reading the daily news paper, and my mum eating some eggs. I made myself some cereal and sat down, acknowledging the rest of my family.
"So Ryan, were we alright for your girlfriend?" My dad asked looking up at Ryan, who was making his own cereal.
I looked down at my bowl.
"Yeah, it was fine."
"Lovely girl. What do you think liv?" My mum chimes in.
"Oh er" I look up from my cereal. "Yeah she seems nice."

After breakfast I got fully dressed and headed out, grabbing my bike on the way. I had another shift at the book store. Part of me kind of hoped that I'd see Lily there, I found myself cycling a little bit faster than I usually would.
"Hey Darcy!" I said as I walked in, mustering up a smile.
"Hi Olivia" she replied, briefly looking up from the counter to smile at me. "Another stock of books came in, pre orders." She said, gesturing to the book.
I nodded and picked up the box, taking it into the store room and placing it down.
I walked back out, walking behind the counter.
"I'm going to go for a walk, you think you can manage the shop" Darcy says standing up.
"Yeah of course."
It was never really busy in the shop, so darcy could pretty much just leave whenever she wanted, leaving me in charge.
I sat down, putting my feet up on the counter, and putting on my wire glasses. I picked up my book and starting to read, only, for once I couldn't concentrate on the book. My mind drifted to a certain brown haired, green eyed girl and I shook my head disappointedly. Why was I thinking about her? My brothers girlfriend, it's wrong... isn't it?

My thoughts were Interrupted when the bell for the door rang, I looked up. Speak of the devil, I thought. There she was. She looked even more beautiful than last time she came in, was she going to be coming regularly now? God, I wish.  I smiled at her "my favourite customer, what brings you here today?"
She laughed softly. She sounds angelic..
"I just wanted to say thank you for walking me home last night." She replied, leaning on the counter "it was pretty cold so I felt bad dragging you out of the warmth of your own house." I laughed. She's so sweet.. my brother doesn't deserve her.
"It's okay, honestly." I say, taking my feet off the counter and standing up, "basic decency to walk a girl home at night."
I look down slightly, meeting her eyes. She's so pretty. Neither of us looked away, and for a moment, I felt something. But that moment ended when the bell for the door went off again. I smiled softly at her before looking to the side. An old man stepped in, taking his hat off and looking at the first shelves of books. I smiled at him and turned back to lily.
"I'm going to head off now, thank you again." She said, smiling at me one last time before walking away.
"Bye lily." I replied, watching her as she walked out the door and down the road.
What had just happened? What was that moment? This isn't going to end well..