43

Her brown gaze peered at the screen of the video baby monitor and it was the same sight of her niece balled up underneath the cover in the other room

Her brown gaze peered at the screen of the video baby monitor and it was the same sight of her niece balled up underneath the cover in the other room. Standing in the kitchen of Amanda's place was she and Sunni with their worry of Shantey equally high. Amanda had chose to call in somebody in her best friends family that was closer to a mother than her own. She needed some reinforcements to help.

Sunni sighed and placed the monitor on the counter. "How long she been like this?"

"Three days now," Amanda revealed and sighed heavily. "She haven't gotten out of bed. I give her meds. Try to get her laughing. But she has no reaction to anything. I try talking about the kids, seeing how her and Tae are gonna work that out. That's all her stuff there."

Glancing over at the numerous suitcases, Sunni nodded and Amanda said, "He's serious this time, auntie. If you could've seen that look in his eyes when he snapped.." she shook that dark look out of head, "I've never seen him like that. She broke him."

Sunni placed her hand on her hip. "I have known that boy his entire life.. I've seen him lose his temper all over that East Side. But when it came her, to Shantey," she paused to blow out a sharp breath, "That boy world stopped, you hear me?"

Amanda chuckled along with Sunni, then she continued. "Any dude look at Shantey wrong while she was in his presence, he whooping they ass when she not around. About her, he was crazy about. But something in her that wouldn't allow herself to accept that kinda love. The man that brings out the peace and better her. Instead she wanted what my damn sister put in her face all her life—disfunction, abuse, shit, sex. All type of toxicity. Chaos. So she destroys the heart of the man that would give her a life of calmness. Which is what she needs with this disorder. She can't handle it. It's too much for her."

Sunni exhaled tiredly, stroking her fingers through her hair. "My poor fucking niece. Did she talk to you about this documentary she wants to do?"

Amanda nodded her head. "Yeah. I think it's a great idea. Her first one was nice. But it wasn't even the half of what we dealt with back home and I knew it was just some stuff she couldn't talk about. But now she can. It just worries me there's no way she can do that right now."

"So we do our parts," Sunni suggested. "She asked me if I want to talk about my childhood in the first part. I thought about it and I want to do. I want to talk about my childhood because it's the root of this fucked up family and what fucked Shantey up."

"She really gonna love that." Amanda's gaze peered down at the monitor screen and her eyes bulged instantly. "Oh my God!"