Bonus Chapter: Pillars Special

"Inori-chan! I love you very much!"

"Yeah. I love you too."

"The fuck are they doing?" Sanemi asked, watching as Mitsuri and Inori hugged each other, squealing and twirling around the courtyard. It was times like these, with Inori acting like an idiot with Mitsuri, that made Sanemi ask himself why he was friends with her to begin with.

"Apparently it's a popular game," Obanai answered, internally swooning over Mitsuri. "Kanroji's little sisters play it a lot. You have to say, 'I love you' to one person and that person has to say 'I love you' to another person."

"Do they really have nothing better to do?"

"Why not? Oyakata-sama isn't here yet and that sounds flamboyant." Tengen snickered before calling out in a voice that was enough to disturb the birds. "Oi, kid! I love you! My wives love you too!"

"Much appreciated!" Inori yelled back without hesitation, smiling as if she didn't just throw an invisible arrow straight into Tengen's pride. "I love your wives too!"

"I knew this would happen but damn you, kid."

"Oh? This does sound fun!" Kyojuro laughed, crossing his arms and puffing his chest. "Then, I love all of you!"

"I love Rengoku-san too." Inori beamed back, ignoring the betrayed look Tengen gave her. "Send my love to Senjuro-kun too."

Sanemi felt a vein throbbing in his temple, wondering just what the hell was wrong with the four pillars who decided to join in on such a stupid game.

"Ara, ara, I love Inori-chan too."

Make that five since Shinobu decided to join in on the game. The Insect Pillar's smile brightened when Inori said 'I love you' to her in return. She then entertained Mitsuri who profusely confessed her platonic love. The three girls giggled with each other, throwing an 'I love you' every now and then.

"The hell is wrong with them?"

"Honestly. This is such a waste of time—"

"Iguro-san!" Mitsuri waved her hand with a smile so bright, it rivaled the sun. "I love Iguro-san too!"

Iguro Obanai's brain short-circuited when Mitsuri beamed at him, saying the words he had always wanted to hear from her. He could only stare into the distance, unable to say anything despite opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water. Obanai eventually passed out, steam coming out of his ears.

"Iguro..." Sanemi sweatdropped at the man who suddenly flopped to the ground, earning a worried scream from Mitsuri. "What the hell happened to you?" He shook his head, snapping it to the side when he saw Muichiro making his way toward Inori.

Muichiro tapped her shoulder, garnering her attention. He then leaned forward to whisper, "I love you, Inori."

While his words went unheard by the other pillars, it didn't take them much to guess what he said. Especially not when Inori blushed scarlet. She stammered something into Muichiro's ear in return, causing his cheeks to turn slightly pink.

Ah, what oblivious children. Gyomei clasped his hands together, praying while tears streamed down his eyes. Their obliviousness rivals Shinazugawa's and I can't help but pity them.

"I can hear you," Tengen muttered, holding in his sniggers. He suddenly grinned, cupping his hand over his mouth, yelling in a slow yet echoing voice. "Kid! Don't be shy! Say I lo—gyah!"

Tengen couldn't finish his sentence. Inori had dashed from where she stood at the opposite end of the courtyard towards Tengen, slamming her foot sole-first into his balls, using enough force to make Tengen fall on his back. She then stepped on his balls, all with a smile on her face.