Chapter 41: State Of Grace

Slowly, Katya woke from her deep sleep, opening her eyes groggily. Only to be met with Natasha's piercing ones. They watched her shamelessly. And who knows how long she had been doing that.

''You're staring,'' Katya grumbled, playfully scowling with her eyes closed as she hugged the covers tighter. Yes, she did end up under them at some point last night. But she was not ready to get out of bed and face the day yet. She was exhausted.

Natasha's smile widened, even though she didn't see. ''You're gorgeous,'' she countered without missing a beat, seeing Katya's scowl deepen.

''I am all sweaty and gross.'' That was true. She felt disgusting.

''I don't see how that changes anything.''

Katya was absolutely not in the mood to talk yet. So, she quickly turned her back to her wife, snuggling further into the covers. ''Just please let me sleep for another couple hours. I can't feel my legs at the moment.''

''Wait, really?'' Natasha perked up, a wide grin on her lips.

Katya rolled her eyes behind her eyelids. ''Yes, yes, you can be proud of yourself or whatever. Just please shut up so I can sleep again. Or go entertain the others so they don't ask where we are.'' The mattress dipped, and she heard Natasha's footsteps on the floor, but Katya was too early with her celebrations when the covers disappeared off her body with one good tug. ''Nat,'' she whined, curling up as much as possible to try and stay warm, the cold air hitting her bare skin. ''You're so annoying.''

''Out, gorgeous.'' She stood at the foot end, smirking proudly at her own dick-ish behavior, the covers crumbled up in her arms.

''No,'' she whined again, trying to reach for the blanket blindly, but Natasha pulled it further away. ''Please, I'm cold.''

''Come to the shower then.'' 

Katya perked up the tiniest bit at the thought of a warm shower. She stopped struggling and opened one cautious eye to look at her wife. ''Together?'' 

Her hopeful tone got Natasha smiling wider. ''Of course.''

She could hardly resist that.

As fast she could, Katya sat up on the edge of the bed. Natasha followed her every move, stealing glances at her body, proud of all the marks. With one big effort, Katya pushed herself to her feet.

Only to immediately have her legs give out.

Her heart skipped a beat, like when she missed the bottom step of the stairs. She just about caught herself, plopping down on the edge of the bed again. She froze, eyes wide in surprise at what just happened. Did that even just happen?

It was silent for a second, until Natasha burst out laughing. ''Oh my god.''

Katya wanted to scold her, tell her to stop and help her up, but she burst out laughing herself as well. 

''Honey, are you okay?'' Natasha asked between laughs, her shoulders shaking from it.

Katya ran out of breath, her cheeks hurting. ''I think my legs aren't functioning anymore.'' They didn't feel painful, they were just numb and without strength.

''I think I broke you.''

Katya ran her hand over her face, chuckling helplessly. ''How the hell are we gonna explain this?''

''I don't know,'' Natasha laughed again. They were full on dying of laughter from the pure surprise and the hilarious problem. ''I could push you down the stairs and say it's because of that.''

''How is that a good solution?" Katya exclaimed. "What if I break my arm?'' God, she couldn't stop laughing, her stomach starting to hurt.

''Your arm is messed up anyway.'' Natasha was just in time to duck to the side to dodge the pillow thrown at her head, thrown with the arm she said was 'messed up'.