TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX
LILAH

I stare at the young boy in front of me with wide eyes as he munches on the packet of crisps I gave him with a huge grin on his face.

"Pretty." Greyson grins pointing at me and I laugh lightly. "What's your name?"

"Lilah."

"Lilah." He repeats. "Very pretty."

"Thank you, little man." I smile gently and he nods his head and continues to eat. "Can I ask you some questions, Greyson?"

"Yes." He whispers and scrunches his rubbish up looking for a bin.

I take the rubbish from him and put it in the bin before sitting back down next to him.

"Why did you run away from your mummy?" I question gently and my heart breaks when his bottom lip begins to tremble. "It's okay. You're okay." I whisper and he sniffles, rubbing his eyes.

He crawls onto my lap and buries his face into the crook of my neck. I sigh and gently rub his back.

We're still in the restaurant.

I look out the window to see Ollie stressing to someone down the phone.

Probably Nasir.

"I'm hot." Greyson whines and I help him take his little jacket off. My eyes widen when they land on the light bruises on his arms.

"Greyson, what happened to your arm?" I whisper, my eyes brimming with tears at the thought of someone hurting him.

"Mummy said I was too slow." He mumbles, a small pout on his face. "Can I.....Can I stay with you?"

I gulp.

Ollie walks in and runs his hands through his hair stressfully. The little boy looks up at him with curious eyes.

Ollie's eyebrows furrow when he looks at me.

"What's wrong?" I point to Greyson's arm and Ollie's jaw clenches.

Ollie crouches down in front of us and keeps his eyes on his son.

"Do you know who I am?" He questions, knowing full well what the answer will be.

Of course Greyson doesn't kn—

"You're my daddy." My eyes widen and I look at Ollie who stands up and stumbles back in shock.

Greyson rummages in his coat pocket and pulls out a crumpled up picture. The smart boy holds it out to his father who takes it with shaky hands.

I just about catch a glimpse of it and a small gasp escapes my lips when I see that it's a picture of Ollie who holds Greyson as a baby in his arms. There's a huge smile etched onto his face as he holds the tiny human.

I can't help but smile at how happy he looked to have Greyson in his arms.

"I found it in the bin one day a-and mummy told me you were mean. You don't seem mean daddy." Greyson states, playing with his chubby fingers.

"I'm not mean, son. I would never hurt you, okay?" Greyson questions him and the little boy nods his head. "D-Does your mother hurt you?" Ollie gulps as he asks the boy the question.

A small whimper escapes Greyson's lips before he nods his head.

A harsh breath leaves Ollie's mouth and he runs his hands stressfully down his face.

I frown as I see the reflection of blue and red flashing lights. I turn my head to look out the window and spot three police cars outside.

About six officers exit the cars and walk into the restaurant. A distressed woman walks in behind them and it's in that second that I realise who she is.

Greyson's mother.

Ollie's ex-wife, Hannah.

She's a short brunette. Her red lipstick contrasts against her pale skin.

She looks like a bitch as a menacing smile etches onto her face as she looks at Ollie.

Ollie stands up straight and grabs hold of my free hand pulling me up to stand next to him.

Greyson keeps his arms wrapped around my neck.

"That's them, they stole my child!" She begins to sob into a tissue and I look on at her in disbelief as I clutch onto the little boy in my arms.

The officers make their way over to us.

"Ollie Burhan?" Ollie nods his head, looking down at the officer. "You're under arrest."

"What?!" I exclaim. "You can't arrest him, Greyson is his son!"

"Miss Bridge has a restraining order against this man. Son or not, this man is breaching that order." The officer looks me up and down and I shudder — his stare makes me feel sick as his eyes linger on my chest a lot longer.

"Give me my fucking son you stupid bitch." Hannah hisses at me and snatches a crying Greyson out of my arms.

My heart breaks even more when the poor boy reaches out for me, tears staining his red cheeks.

"Don't fucking touch me." Ollie shrugs the officer off of him. The fat man stumbles back and a hard look forms on his face as he pulls out a taser and holds it up towards Ollie.

"Ollie." I whisper and give him a pleading look.

"Fucking piece of shit!" Ollie shouts as he's hand-cuffed and walked out of the restaurant.

It's only now I notice the stares of everyone and I look down in embarrassment.

•••

The slamming of the door pulls me out of my daydream and I instantly get up and rush over to see a tired Ollie.

I instantly open my arms up for him and he doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me — he lifts me up into his arms and buries his face into the crook of my neck.

"It's so fucked!" Ollie says, his voice cracking.

He takes a seat on the sofa with me straddling his lap. I pull back and gently hold his face in my hands.

I wipe the lone tear that begins to trickle down his cheek. His eyes are puffy and my heart breaks at the thought of him suffering alone.

"I'm here for you. You know that right? I'm always going to be here for you, Ollie baby." I whisper and he nods his head and kisses the palm of my hands.

"I need to save my son."

"We will, I promise you. Whatever it takes."

A/N
For those who don't know, Bosses and Butterflies has been taken down. I've decided instead to bring back Stolen Secrets. Sorry for inconvenience 💕