13

Rosaline bowed down and gave Elliot a greeting. "You called for me?"

"Yes, about the money you asked for. Why do you need so much?"

"I haven't bought dresses in a while that's all."

"The money you asked for is more than enough for dresses. Even the most high quality ones wouldn't use up half of the money you asked for."

Rosaline broke eye contact and bit her lip, feeling herself succumb under the pressure. Telling him the truth would lead to a lot of hard questions she wouldn't be able to answer, she'd rather just take care of this on her own.. Rosaline took a breath and tried to think fast.

'Should I partly tell him the truth or continue with the lie?'

'Which one will bring the least trouble?'

'Right..'

'There's only one answer.'

'Even if I just say less than half the truth this may not work out if he knows. I have to keep this hidden.'

She closed her eyes and took yet another big breath, thinking back to all the moments Rosaline had in the book so she could copy her perfectly. 'I have to become Rosaline.'

"Ah.. Hopefully this won't anger him to the point where he'll want me killed.." She whispered while crying on the inside over what she was just about to do.

"We are soon going to marry yet you're not letting me use your money? How stingy can you be!" Elliot looked at her confused but she ignored it, walking closer to his desk and slammed her hand on it.

"I am Rosaline Vladenburg! If I want something then I'll get it! I've been trying to be patient with you but you've become a bit too confident. To treat me, your fiance like this is unforgivable!" She whined. She forced herself to bring out some tears to truly give the iconic Rosaline tantrum.

"I.. I.. I just wanted to look nice in front of you! Do you want me to walk out with outdated clothes..? Soon I'll be Rosaline Ravenden I have to look the pa-" But before she could continue Elliot stopped her.

"Alright I get it, I'll give you the money so there's no need to whine so much." He said with his deep voice which made Rosaline quiet down immediately. But then she remembered that she had to continue the acting so she started jumping around and cheering loudly while blowing him kisses. "Thank you my love~." Elliot cringed at her act which meant she really sold it. She felt an inner proudness for being able to act like Rosaline that well. "You may go." He gestured with his hand for her to leave and she gave him a big smile in response and bowed down.

She left with her head held high as Elliot watched her figure from behind. 'This didn't go the way I expected at all.'

'For her to go back to acting like that.. She must really need the money...'

"Dagen."

"Yes Elliot." He appeared from the shadows, having hidden this whole time.

"I want only you to escort Rosaline and give her an opening to slip away from you."

"Alright, but why?"

Elliot lets out a small chuckle.

"You don't need to know." He smirked. Dagen eyed him skeptically.

"Now why're you looking at me like that?"

"Should've just given her the money in the beginning instead of making yourself sit through that tantrum." He said with judgeful eyes.

"Oh just shut up and go."

Dagen laughed at his friend thinking back to the trouble Rosaline was causing him.

"Alright, alright I'll go now." He said with a big smile and Elliot scoffed in response.

Rosaline was walking out to the carriage feeling happy that things worked out. She would've just used her family's money to avoid this but her dad wouldn't let her touch the money for six months after the original Rosaline had thrown a really bad tantrum. She noticed that a tall knight had walked in front of her. He had skin as brown as caramel, dark ginger locs that went past his ears and dark blue eyes, the shade of the night sky.

'That must be Dagen! What a handsome man.'

Dagen struck her a charming smile which caught her off guard but she smiled back.

"I've been assigned to keep you safe for today."

Rosaline looked at him, not saying anything realizing that Elliot had sent his most trusted man to see what she was planning. She knew he'd have suspicions but did he have to make it so obvious? 'Is there something you want to say Elliot?' Rosaline smiled back at him and took his hand as she entered the carriage, Dagen entering soon after. They sat opposite from each other and Rosaline looked at him with a sweet smile, he didn't seem to catch onto how she was really feeling.

'I'll have to find a way to get away from this man.'