36

Her heart stops and tears were beginning to prick in her eyes. She wanted to break down and cry, but she couldn't show a moment of weakness. Of course she was beyond happy that Jungkook admitted his feelings for her, but it was the fact that she wouldn't be able to be be as close with him as she wanted to.

"I agree.. and we shouldn't let this situation get in the way of work. The hearing is only a few days away, let's just keep things to a minimum until then," she says, sighing and standing up, going back to her desk.

"We don't have to act like we're strangers," Jungkook stands up from his seat, fixing up his tie. "We can still go back to the way we were right?" He tries to bring light to the possible separation between them, but it doesn't help the heavy feeling in his chest.

"Go back to the way we were?" Y/N scoffs. "Do you even remember what we were like back then? We hated each other. God, we probably at one point wanted the worst for each other." She recalls the number of times she had cursed Jungkook out back then, and always wishing the worst for him. "Going from hate, to love, to hate again is never gonna work and you know it."

"It's going to hurt more if we don't speak to each other at all. We just... shouldn't fuck for a bit."

"Do you think just fucking made me fall in love with you?"

"Y/N, I didn't mean it like that..." Jungkook says rather carefully.

Of course he remembered all the times the two argued with each other. They were like cat and dog, water and fire; complete opposites.

"I was talking about how we tolerated each other when we started hooking up. Just without the sex," he rubs the back of his neck, wishing he took back everything he just said.

"It was easy for me to tolerate you when we started hooking up because i didn't have these feelings for you back then."

"What made you fall in love with me anyway?"

Y/N bites her bottom lip, now unsure of what to tell him. "I can't answer that for you, because at the moment, I cant see why I'm in love with you." Her voice was rather strained from how hard she was trying to fight back her tears.

"Well, these feelings I have for you are the same feelings I had for you when we first met," Jungkook backs his way to her door, holding onto the handle but he doesn't leave just yet.

"My feelings have gotten stronger with the time we shared with each other," Jungkook concludes, leaving her office right after to finally give her the space she needed.

She wanted to say something back, but she couldn't, Jungkook had already left her office.

Jungkook balls fists in frustration, but his frustration wasn't on her.

It was on himself.

He felt like a fool for letting her get away.

****

Right as he goes into his office, Hoseok knocks on her office door.

Y/N panics and quickly wipes her eyes, hiding any evidence of her tears. "Come in!" she calls out, only to see Hoseok poking his head through the door.

"Is now a bad time?" he asks, seeing how Jungkook walked out of the office, he assumed something bad must've happened.

"No, not all. Take a seat," she says softly, gesturing to the seat opposite her desk.

"I just wanted to apologise for the first time we hung out together," Hoseok sighs softly. His eyes were everywhere but on her when he tells her his feelings. "I should've went slow with you and respect your boundaries. But after I saw you leave Jungkook's car, I knew that I had to step up and make you mine somehow."

Hoseok believed that Jungkook could get whatever he wanted without any hassle, but Hoseok wanted to get Y/N before he missed out on his chance.

"Is there any way I could make it up to you? Lunch maybe?"

She was a bit taken aback by his confession. Y/N didn't think Hoseok liked her THIS much so she was surprised to say the least.

"Uh.."

After everything that happened with Jungkook, she was set on keeping to herself, but she did like Hoseok, he was a great guy and she couldn't see him hurting her in anyway. She could do with a bit of enjoyment right now.

"You know what.. I'd love to have lunch with you," she finally says, a smile appearing on her lips.

"Great!" Hoseok laughs, already standing up to leave for lunch. Ecstatic wasn't the word to describe how happy he was. "We can go whenever you're ready! We can go tonight, tomorrow, or even today! We could even go right now if you want," Hoseok was rambling at this point, but he couldn't stop his excitement.

"Let's go now. I've pretty much wrapped up my work for this case so I'm free," she beams, watching how excited he was. Hoseok definitely wasn't one to hide his emotions and that's probably why she thought of him so fondly.

"So where are we off to, Mr Jung?" she asks, slinging her bag over her shoulder and following Hoseok to the door.

"That's gonna be a surprise. You'll see when we get there."

wc: 906