6│FAMILY MATTERS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ꒱

❝ I WORRY BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

When Dolores woke the next morning, she was relieved she hadn't been up during the night. With the state of mind she'd been in after the attack in her store, she would've certainly gone straight to homicidal rage if she'd encountered her younger self traipsing around the Academy. As it was, she got up and began to dress for the new day, trying not to feel too self-conscious about how avidly Five was watching her.

When she'd finally donned the last part of the uniform— her jacket— she turned to her husband, who had yet to get out of bed. She rolled her eyes. "C'mon, get up."

The boy slowly got out of bed, smirking slightly. "You know, I was hoping we could stay in bed a little longer."

"We have a world to save, or did you forget that?" she shot back, ducking her head to hide her pink face. "Besides, this uniform has way too many layers for me to take on and off again."

Five paused in dressing, only wearing his shorts and undershirt as he stepped towards the brunette. She could see the concern clearly on his face. "You were pretty shaken up last night, Dolly," he said quietly as he took her hands in his. "How are you feeling?"

The girl raised her head and sighed. "Better, now. I certainly wasn't expecting The Commission to find us so quickly, or at my store. I'll be fine," she finished firmly.

"Are you—" the boy started, wanting to make sure she would truly be alright.

Dolores interrupted him first and her eyes widened. "You're hurt!"

"It's—"

"Don't say it's nothing," she said, glaring at him slightly. "It's not nothing. Wait here, I'll help."

When she returned, she found him sitting his bed. She sat next to him and her brows furrowed as she concentrated on cleaning the wound. Five watched her bite her lip as she focused, his gaze never leaving her mouth until she turned to thread the needle for stitches.

"Don't look," the brunette said once she was finished.

"Dolly—"

"I know you're not afraid but it'll only make it hurt worse if you do," Dolores told him, feeling the guilt that she hadn't been able to protect him like she was supposed to.

Five sighed, knowing that she would be stubborn about this. "It's only psychology," he complained as he looked away.

"It makes me feel better," she answered, which halted any further objections.

"Hey," Five said, capturing the girl's attention for a moment. The brunette looked up at him, the guilt on her face, causing a painful twist in his chest. "I'm alright, Dol. Don't worry."

She gave him a fond smile. "Telling me not to worry is like telling the rain to stop falling, Fives—it's impossible. I worry because I love you."

They both knew she hated it when he got hurt— as much as he hated it when she got hurt— and he wished he could convince her it wasn't her fault. Instead, he leaned down, careful not to move his mostly-stitched arm, and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. Dolores relaxed slightly against him and some of the worry dissipated.