chapter 52

the moment i walk threw the front doors to the insitue i see izzy.

 she walks up to me straight away.

"everything okay?" she asks seeing the tears in my eyes. she places a hand on my shoulder and i quickly shrugg her off pushing past her.

"is everything alright?" i hear her ask clary and jace who are shortly behind me.

"no" i hear clary mutter as they follow me threw the insitue.

"your coming to jaces batlor party right jace?" she asks making the tears in my eyes fall.

alecs getting married....i forget.

i gasp wanting to completely cry. theire heads snap towards the sound. i quickly put my hand over my mouth before rushing off into my room.

sitting down on the edge of my bed tears running down my face as i stare blankly at the wall. i sigh quickly standing up walking into the bathroom.

 i splash water onto my face quickly before patting it dry.

looking at myself in the mirror i quickly take off my jacket rolling up my sleaves to see the rune on my arm.

sighing i rememeber the day i drew it.

remembering that i wanted to be stronger...wanted to help more...

shaking my head i pull my sleave down and walk out of my room.

walking into the main room i notice lydia over by some random shadow hunter making me shake my head and look over at jace and clary and izzy stood in the corner of the training room.

 i walk over quickly making them all look at me.

"everyhing ok-" clary goes to say.

"we have a mole" i say making them all frown.

"what?"jace asks me confused.

"The attack couldn't have been coincidence. Valentine must have been tracking us." i say seriously looking at him amking a look of realisation cover his face.

"You don't think someone from the Institute told Valentine where we were going." he asks making me nod my head.

"There's no other explanation." i say seriosuly crossing my arms,

"No one here would betray us like that. This is our family."izzy speaks looking at jace seriously. i scoff causing her to send me a confused look.

"Not everyone's family yet." jace says staring off into the main room of the institue.

i turn around to see what he is glaring at making me scoff again.

"I swear, if Lydia is the leak, I'm gonna...-" i say going to march down the stares towards her but him grabbed by the shoulder.

"Slow down. We don't know if she did anything yet. And wrongfully accusing someone of a crime is dangerous. Trust me, I've been through it."izzy says shaking her head at me making me sigh and nod at her.

"Lydia was right there when we were talking about Ragnor Fell." clary says making me look at her.

"If she's not gonna admit what she did, I'm gonna make her admit it." i say growling turning around to walk back down the stairs but im stopped again.

"gracie, stop. You are too worked up to talk to anyone right now. Especially not an important envoy from the Clave." clary speaks making me sigh rolling my eyes.