Chapter 43:Dark magic(6).

A new day arrived and Zhia Xiang got announced that Duke Albertine and his daughter are here again to see prince Philip.

Zhia Xiang smiled as the big doors opened before her.

❝Lady Giselle! What an honor to have you here today. We came to see prince Philip today, any change you know where he is? ❞Oliver spoke politely, smiling at her.

Zhia Xiang looked at Oliver like she was seeing a repulsive bug on the ground.

❝Prince Philip won't be seeing you anymore. ❞Zhia Xiang said, dropping the bomb on Oliver's head.

The man's eyes widened for a moment.

❝Excuse me? May I know why? Have me or my daughter did anything to offend his majesty? ❞Oliver asked, panic taking over him.

❝Prince Philip doesn't like neither of you so you're not welcomed here anymore. ❞Zhia Xiang said, keeping a sweet smile while Oliver was seeing his dream crash down on his head.

❝Pardom me, but me and the Queen had an agreement...Can I speak to prince Philip myself? ❞Oliver mumbled, still in disbelief.

❝Are you insinuating that I'm lying? ❞Zhia Xiang asked, her smile disappearing.

Oliver swallowed hard as he realized he indeed insinuated that.

❝Of course not! I don't dare, I just wish to hear an explanation from his highness... I wish to apologize if we offended him in any way. ❞Oliver spoke, desperately trying to repair the situation.

❝How pathetic.❞ Zhia Xiang thought.

❝Prince Philip is busy now and he doesn't want to speak with you. I'll have a servant see you off. ❞Zhia Xiang added.

Oliver looked around for anything that could help cling to the royal family.

❝It must be me that made the prince feel bored, I'm a old boring man after all,haha. My daughter on the other hand is a very sweet, talented girl, wouldn't it be too bad for her to return home with me? She's quite shy so she doesn't have friends... may I ask your grace to welcome her for some tea?I'm sure you won't regret it, right, child? ❞Oliver asked glaring at Isabelle who stood quiet the entire time.

She jumped a little when she realized Oliver included her in the conversation and panicked a little.

❝I-It would be an honor to spend time with your grace. ❞ Isabelle said, bowing her head.

Zhia Xiang looked at the pair and felt pity towards Isabelle for being pushed into these kind of situations.

❝I'm sorry to disappoint, but my fiance and I have plans already. ❞Victor spoke as he entered the room.

Oliver clenched his fists as his attempt was ruined by Victor, but he didn't let his annoyance show.

❝It's too bad then... I feel sorry for Isabelle as she really is a great child. Maybe some other time, your grace? She is a good singer, I'm sure she can entertain you well. ❞Oliver spoke looking at Zhia Xiang hopeful.

❝Maybe. See the two out. ❞Victor ordered and a servant rushed to lead the two outside.

Zhia Xiang sighed as sadness filled her heart. It wasn't her sadness, but Morgan's.

❝I'm sure a part of her is sad to see her father treating Isabelle like this when he threw her and her mother out without giving her a chance even. Poor child. ❞ Zhia Xiang thought as she tried to wash the sadness off.

❝What's wrong? ❞Victor asked noticing the change in her.

❝Nothing. ❞Zhia Xiang replied as she sat down.