Chapter 481 - 485

Chapter 481

"She will need to figure that out on her own." (1)

Mother Huo was an efficient person.

Once her decision had been made, she would move on with it right away.

She had Secretary Chen notify her son the very next day and clearly stated her conditions for the final ultimatum.

Huo Wencheng went alone and, when he returned home, he locked himself up in the room all day long.

“What’s the matter, Brother Cheng?”

Gu Wushuang finally noticed that something was off with him that evening.

Huo Wencheng came out of the study. His eyes were beet red. “Shuang, my mother named a condition. If we can fulfill the condition, we can rejoin the Huo’s.”

He had been thinking about it all day long.

Partly, he worried about the operation of the company and partly, it was his mother’s desire to have a grandchild.

Gu Wushuang raised her brows, “What is it?”

Turning, she placed his hand over her shoulder. “Give me a massage, will you? I sat all day long and now my entire body aches.”

Huo Wencheng massage her naturally.

Sitting with her back to him on the couch, the smile on her disappeared slowly. Her red lips shut tightly and a hint of impatience appeared in her eyes.

“What did Aunty say?”

She and Huo Wencheng had already gotten their marriage certificate but they have yet to have the banquet.

Their mothers were the only ones who knew that they were married in their circle.

Mother Huo had been using that as a leverage and not let her join the Huo’s. She was coming up with all kinds of conditions and it was obvious that she was not happy with her.

Gu Wushuang gritted her teeth.

Whatever happened to Huo Wencheng’s pro=activeness? He was a man, right? He had the courage to get the marriage certificate with her but he wasn’t able to get her into his house? What was that??

The Huo’s had conditions for her? Who did he represent them? Was he representing the Huo’s? What gave him the right? Wasn’t it his idea to get the marriage certificate before informing his mother??

“Shuang, my mother wants to have a child. We can give it a try. If you can get pregnant in the next year, year and a half, we can go back.”

Gu Wushuang clutched the pillow on the couch as soon as she heard that. Her fingers almost digging into the filling of the pillow.

“Brother Cheng, the doctor had already told us that I can’t get pregnant in the next 6 months.”

“I know. But that was 4 months ago. We can visit the doctor again in 2 months’ time and see what he says now?”

Gu Wushuang lowered her eyes. Her face was filled with mockery.

Was having a child her only value?