Chapter 45: The awaited battle

Allen POV

A week. That's all it took for all of the preparations to be ready to head into battle. I steadied my heart as I looked upon the thousands of soldiers, wondering how all of this will end.

Their plan for the bi battle was vague. After all, they were facing the Demon King. Violet had been prying for information for a month, and I didn't want to put her in more risk by waiting that long. 

The most important part of the plan was of course the Priestess stones, which could turn the tide of the battle depending on how and when they decided to use it. 

I was shaking. Demons were stronger than humans. But these were trained knights, I'm sure they'll be fine. As I was trying to calm myself, I felt a hand rest on top of my palm. It was Ceil. 

"Don't be nervous. I know you're scared, so am I, but we need to hold out. We don't know what's coming, we need to be prepared and steady our minds."

I calm down a bit and turned to Ceil, "Thank you."

The march was long and painfully slow. Moving with this many soldiers, it's too noticeable and not very fast, but it's the only way.

The demons territory was a dreary place, which seemed to be littered with The Demon Kings soldiers, who would pop out from anywhere, it had caused quite the casualties at first, but everyone had become hyper aware as they moved further in.

We had agreed to meet William and Violet when we arrived at the castle. And as promised, as we arrived near the castle we saw Violet and William, their expressions serious and solemn.

They noticed us and quickly came up to us. 

"It's all or nothing." William said. 

"Yeah." I responded.  And so we continued.

The army of soldiers made it to the castle. The Demon King was already waiting for us. How could he not. It's not like we hid ourselves. 

The Demon King glanced at William and Violet. "ha. I had my suspicions. I guess I was right not to tell you my plans." The demon smirked. 

The four of us stood in front of an army of soldiers. An army standing across a lonesome demon, you would think the army would feel more powerful, but The Demon King exuded a aura of oppression, which made it seem like he's in no danger at all.

And then the rumbling came. It was just slight tremors at first, until it turned to completely shaking. The Demon King was just standing there, smiling, his face not moving a muscle.

That's when I saw it. That's when we all saw it. Hundreds of thousands, no, millions of demons of all kinds were rushing toward us. Their steps shook the earth, the trees, it was felt by every single person around here.

The Demons had always been considered low in populace. It was assumed that, because they were so rarely spotted. And when at the Demon Kings castle, there were only servants. They were not given access to any of the towns, so there was no way of telling the armies size.

And so, came the bloodshed. There was no choice but to fight. The demons were marching right for us, so we stood up and fought. Everything around me was a blur. Soldiers came and went as fast as the demons. It was hard to keep up. It was hard to tell what was happening. But I knew one thing. They were being pushed back.

I saw from the corners of my eye that the Demon King was still standing there. I bet there's even a smile on his face as well. Damn it. Damn it. Fuck. 

.......

I don't know how much time has passed, I have no sense of it. The Demon King is still smirking. I was tired. The demons were still running. Our soldiers were still fighting. 

Damn it all. I want to get close to him. I want to drive a knife into his chest. But I can't get to him. 

I tried to desperately run toward him, but was only swarmed by large amounts of demons. I was pulled out of it by Ceil. He looked even more tired than I was. He was huffing, trying to catch his breath. "DON'T BE STUPID" He yelled and then went on to push back the demons. 

How could I not be stupid? How can I think properly? Now? The only thing I can think of is emotion, and the only one I was feeling was anger.

I felt a hand of my shoulder. "Brother."

Violet. She looked drained, like she'd used every spell in her disposal. "I'm going to do something stupid." She said, a faint smile on her face as she looked at me.

"wh-what?" I was confused. 

I heard yelling behind me. William was yelling something, glaring at Violet. But his shouts were covered by the sounds of stomping and screams. 

"What is it? Violet, speak!" I shook her shoulders.

She pushed me away and walked closer to the center of the battle. "Use this opportunity well." She wiped a small tear drop from her eye," I love you."

-----------------------------------------------------

Violet POV

I was scared. I knew what I had to do to win, and yet I was scared. Well, of course I was, who wouldn't be? 

I've made a lot of mistakes, a lot of them, I can't tell anymore if this is the right decision or not. But, when I look at my brother, William and Ceil and the rest of these soldiers my heart only fills with determination. It scares me.

But, I decide to just do it. I said a few words to William, who seemed to disagree on my choice, but he's always had bad opinions. 

As I looked back at my brother, I could only cry, to think, I was just scolding him of putting me in a situation I was going to replicate myself.

I took the last bits and pieces of what magic I had left. I was tired. At least I would be able to rest after this. The spell was simple, I had been perfecting it for a while now. This should buy them some time. 

A large ball of light erected from my hands, it grew bigger, and bigger. I felt the demons eyes on me, and I could only remember the first time I used light magic on the soldiers, although the demons liked the light magic, they also had a natural instinct to attack. Fangs hurt, a lot. I wonder how much this many will hurt.

My thoughts scattered with the soaring pain. I was being tackled, the breath came out of me. Ah, yes, this would definitely buy them some time..........