Chapter Thirty Eight

"We should probably get up," Clarice said as she peeked at the clock on the bedside table that read 10:00am.

"Must we?" Severus said as he snaked his hand around her waist and greedily pulled her on top of him.

"It's Christmas Eve. I'm sure Gwen wanted to do something special today." She said as she placed her hands upon his chest as his hands fondled her breasts.

"Sev come on," She laughed. "We've been at it all night. Let's get dressed and make breakfast."

"Fine," He smirked as he sat up on his elbows and watched Clarice intently as she picked out her clothes. Blue mom jeans and forest green sweater.

"Stop watching me," She said without having to turn around. Severus only chuckled and rummaged for his own clothes. He decided to wear his dark blue jeans and black sweater.

"Muggle clothes look nice on you," Clarice said while wrapping her arms around him from behind.

"Nothing looks nice on you." He teased.

"Shut it you. I'm hungry."

"The princess must eat," He said while opening the door into the hallway. The pair went down into the kitchen where Gwen and her kids were eating pancakes.

"Morning," Clarice smiled to Gwen who had a sour look on her face. "What's the matter?"

"They all left." She stated.

"Who?"

"Grandma and your parents." She told her.

"What? Why didn't they say goodbye?" Clarice frowned.

"They're upset with you." Gwen told her flatly.

"I- I'm sorry." Clarice looked at her feet.

"Don't be. They're being children." Gwen said as she cut up more pancakes for Dylan.

"But still... You had a nice holiday planned." Clarice said.

"Claire, we need to talk... alone if that's alright Severus." Gwen stood up.

"I'll have breakfast with the little ones." He squeezed Clarice's hand and helped himself to some pancakes before sitting down next to Marnie. They already began talking about school. Clarice followed Gwen upstairs into her office.

"Is everything okay?" Clarice asked.

"There's a lot going on in this family right now. I- I'm not exactly sure what to do to help my family." Gwen stuttered.

"What do you mean?"

"I think I need to move out. Get out of America." She told her.

"What about the kids?" Clarice asked confused.

"I- You're going to think I'm a terrible person." Gwen said.

"Just tell me."

"I've changed my mind. About the no magic stuff." Gwen said.

"Well that's good news." Clarice said.

"And I think I want to obliviate Rich, take the kids, and move to London. I already have everything we would need." Gwen said and Clarice's eyes got huge.

"Gwen, you- you can't obliviate Rich, what are you going to tell the kids?" Clarice gasped.

"I would... make them think he died. Like a long time ago." She said.

"What would this all be for?" Clarice asked.

"To fight with you against the people who want our family dead." Gwen said.