III

CHAPTER THREE: HER NAME IS BAE

THIRD PERSON POV

"Bae Soujin got me... very taken aback considering her willingness to take on Jeon Jungkook's case, a case where he himself has a low chance of winning," Yeonjun said as he sipped his orange juice.

"She's very interesting. But isn't that why I hired her?" Yuuri said as she looked out of her office window.

"Usually every rookie would take the low trail and train themselves until they handle bigger cases, but Soujin would suddenly jump to a case that's been around for a year," Yuuri explained as she twirled her wine.

"I admire such people like that, interviewing her was such a great opportunity for you too, Yeonjun!" Yuuri smiled and Yeonjun sighed.

"Still, a rookie... I'm worried she might get herself in trouble," Yeonjun said and Yuuri tsked.

"Don't worry about that Yeonjun, I trust Soujin a lot! If she says she can handle it, then she really can!" Yuuri smiled.

"She reminds me of you in a way noona, always jumping to big things," Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

"And I see you still can't drink wine because you're a light drinker, huh Yeonjun?" Yuuri replied and Yeonjun bit his lip.

-

Meanwhile, in the prison cell, Jungkook was contemplating as he places his head on a wall, pressing his forehead into it as his thoughts were all over the place.

"What is our Koo doing?~ What's in your mind?~," a voice, flowing like a song chimes in as he tries to shake the other back to reality.

"Shut the fuck up," Jungkook seethes, as if he just had his period.

"You're moody today? How suprising to see you like this~," he teases as he keeps nudging Jungkook.

"Shut it, Taehyung," Jungkook replies, and Taehyung squints his eyes.

"What are you thinking about? Is it because a lawyer came in and offered you to work with them?" Taehyung asks.

"I still don't get how you manage to guess what other's are thinking," Jungkook replies.

"So I am right," Taehyung wiggles his brows.

"So.... who is this lawyer who occupied the thoughts of the great guy, Jeon Jungkook?" Taehyung chuckles, as if mocking him.

"A very... interesting person but I'm not telling you the details."

SOUJIN POV

"AA... aaa.. choo!" I sneeze into a tissue, and I sniff as I throw it in the trashbin.

"Why am I so cold today? Is someone talking behind my back or something?" I mumble to myself as I was in my office, organizing the files and reports Yeonjun gave me.

But still, accepting that case they said was so hard that even seniors couldn't solve it...

...what if... I can't solve it? What if I fail and it's all my fault?

I know Jungkook is a high and well-known criminal who did many illegal things, but...

Did my ego just take over me when I took that case?

Soujin, don't overthink!

Stop overthinking for a second because you don't know the outcomes! What's good is the progress you're making!

Yeah... the progress...

I say as I pep talk myself infront of my reflection on the computer screen. I frown and sigh as I grab my phone, and I open it. My eyes were trailed on a text message and I sigh as I open it.