she clings to you at a family gathering (requested)

You've been so excited about this day.

Usually, you dread family gatherings and reunions. They're boring and you never feel like you've got much to share about your life.

But this time around, things are so different.

This time you're bringing your sweet girlfriend along and she, like you, was feeling super excited about it.

This allows her to meet more of your family, more people that you love so much and seem so important to you. People that she hopes she'll become close to and bond well with.

She held your hand as you walked up the steps of the home you grew up with.

Right away, you were met with familiar faces and bright gazes as everyone that was in the room became so excited to see you.

You greeted them with big smiles, promising your return to visit them all in only a moment. Then and there, what you were most focused on was seeing your parents.

It's been a while since you've been home to see them and you know how much they love Hailee, so you know they'll be so excited to see you both.

You heard them laughing from in the kitchen so you and Hailee walked in there and your parents immediately rushed to you, throwing their arms around you and Hailee to hug you both.

"We're so happy you came!" Your mom smiled.

You didn't think much of it when Hailee dropped your hand so she could hug you from behind and lay her cheek on your shoulder.

She does it a lot and you always think it's so sweet and adorable when she does so.

"As happy as your mother and I are that you're here, you should go say hello to everyone! So many people are so excited to see you!" Your father suggested and you nodded, more than happy to go see everyone else.

There was only one thing...

Every step that you took, Hailee clung to you.

You introduced her to everyone; aunts, uncles, family friends in attendance.

She happily greeted them back as they'd grin and wave to her, but not once did she let you go.

"Hailee, is everything okay?" You asked.

As cute as you find her clinging to you and as much as you love being wrapped in her warm embrace and showing off how happy you make each other to everyone you see, you're getting worried.

"You're very clingy today, my love."

"Oh... am I bothering you at all?"

"Not at all, sweet girl." You assured. "I just thought I would make sure you're not feeling nervous or anything. You know my family loves you. Everyone I've introduced you to so far absolutely adores you."

She grinned from ear to ear and leaned into your touch as you stroked her cheek.

"I know and I'm grateful for that. I mean, I'm not exactly nervous. It is a lot to take in. But I'm enjoying myself. Your family is lovely, like you. But I'm okay. I just love clinging to you and holding you."

"Well, I love it when you cling to me." You said and kissed her lips a few times.

"So you wouldn't mind if I keep clinging to you?" She wondered, her eyes sparkling with hope.

"No, baby. Not at all. I love it and I love you." You said and turned back around.

"I love you more, y/n." She whispered in your ear as she put her arms back around you and her chin on your shoulder, clinging to you once more as you continued to introduce her and show her off to everyone.