Chapter 12 - The Grudge

(Y/N) kept a breath sucked in as she placed a close eye on Akai while lifting up his shirt from behind.

    After examining Ki and determining that his wounds have healed up properly, the Keeper finally decided to face her fears and check up on Akai. If she had a choice whether to do this task or not, she would just forget about it completely.

     A few of Akai's chains were extended so he can stand up and move around but not too far from his spot. He was glad to finally be up after days of sitting around but his movements were still restricted which he hated. While (Y/N) was behind him checking his back wounds, he was having an intense stare off with Davis. The two guards of course came with the Keeper to protect her from any attacks Akai might pull, Angel kept looking back at Ki to make sure he wasn't doing anything suspicious and Davis watched the demon's facial expressions closely. One smirk or smile can mean something terrible.

    Davis expected the demon to pull something once (Y/N) got close to it but it just sat there and allowed her to extend the chains. Even now, it was just standing there, allowing her to touch it and not acting out any of the threats it made towards her and them.

    Davis didn't know if the demon had inner motives or was just all talk and no action.

    (Y/N) hovered her fingers over the two scars on Akai's upper back. They appeared to be healing and fading away properly, nothing to worry about. She pressed two fingers lightly on a scar and peeked at Akai for any reaction. "Does it hurt when I put pressure on it?"

    Akai was resisting the urge to say something dirty, he replied with a deep 'no'. His red eyes stayed on Davis the whole time as if challenging the man to pull a move.

    (Y/N) dropped the shirt and moved to his front. She stood between the demon and the older guard and could literally feel the tension they were emanating to each other. They were like two primal animals having a stare off before they eventually started brawling. "You two need to calm down and stop glaring at each other. I can literally feel your hatred." She sighed, lifting up Akai's shirt again to check the bandage on his chest.

    Akai broke eye contact with the man looked down to see what (Y/N) was doing. Davis scoffed, "I am calm. I'm just making sure this thing doesn't try anything funny."

"Don't worry. You guys are starting to bore me." Akai's disinterested tone was convincing, but neither Angel nor (Y/N) believed him.

    Angel took his eyes off Ki, who was being nosey with (Y/N)'s stuff, and placed them on Akai, clearly unconvinced. "We bore you? What does that suppose to me?"

    Akai shrugged. "You're boring. Especially you two." He looked back down at his Keeper carefully taking the bandage off. "You're not as boring as them though. You know how to take a joke."

"...Thanks?" Should she take that as a compliment or an insult? She stepped back from him and checked her papers for anything she may have missed, after seeing everything clear, she met Akai's gaze and quickly looked back down. "All of your wounds are healing properly so you should be as good as new in a day or two."

"Good. Let's go." Davis nudged (Y/N) on her shoulder, waiting for her to finally leave the demon. Angel agreed, pointing at the quiet demon across the room. "Yea, we should see what the other one is doing in your stuff."

    (Y/N) saw Ki digging through her bag and tossing the contents onto the desk. He pulled out a pack of gum and caught the strong scent of mint, he instantly cringed at the stench and flung the gum at a wall. She deadpanned. Before (Y/N) could go stop him from dumping her whole bag, she felt a leathery rope feeling wrap around her leg and slightly tug her backward. She stopped and turned to Akai who used his tail to get her attention. "Can I talk to you?"