Chapter Twenty-Four

"Miss King, lovely to see you again." YN turned quickly toward the voice, a large smile pulling at her lips.

"Your majesty." YN returned with a wink. T'Challa laughed, opening his arms for YN to step into. The woman released a breath, happy to be seeing her friends again. "How have you been? I heard there was some issues within Wakanda?" T'Challa nodded, sighing out a smile.

"A little bit of a family feud, you could say. Never the matter, all is in good spirit now." YN nodded, watching the Dora Milaje step off of the jet behind him.

"I can't stay long, I have a meeting with Ross shortly. Getting my fancy new anklet fixed." She laughed, making T'Challa grin.

"YN!" YN looked up, watching Shuri bounce toward her.

"Shuri, hey!" The older woman laughed, opening her arms for the bubbling girl. "Glad to see you well." Shuri smiled, squeezing her before letting go.

"Has he told you about his new girl?" Shuri whispered, a grin on her face. YN looked up at T'Challa suspiciously.

"No, he hasn't." T'Challa looked at Shuri with a deadpan expression. Another woman approached the group, sliding up to T'Challa and slipping her hand in his.

"YN, this is Nakia." YN turned toward the woman, nodding her head in her direction.

"Lovely to meet you." Nakia said, smiling tightly.

"Likewise." YN returned, her genuine smile making Nakia's own expression relax.

"I cannot believe you fell from that high up!" Shuri exclaimed suddenly, making YN jump.

"Well, I can't believe I didn't turn into a pancake on the sidewalk." YN laughed, shaking her head.

"T'Challa and I were watching the news in the labs, I swear he was about to make a dent in the floor with all of his pacing." YN laughed, blushing slightly. Nakia looked at her quickly, hesitancy in her eyes.

"Well, I haven't seen the footage yet, but I imagine it looked worse than it was." YN laughed again.

"It was enough to get me out of a hospital bed." A voice behind her spoke, making YN and T'Challa share a private look. Turning to the voice, YN grinned at Steve.

"Please, you would of used any excuse to get out." Steve laughed, leaning down to press a kiss to YN's cheek.

"Steve Rogers." He said, introducing himself to Nakia who seemed to relax even more as T'Challa squeezed her hand.

"Nakia." She nodded with a small smile.

"Secretary Ross is waiting for you, YN." Steve said, turning to face the smaller woman. She nodded, bidding farewell to her friends, Shuri leaping into her arms again for another hug and a promise to see each other again soon. "I can escort you to the meeting, where we will be discussing the new agreement." Steve continued after she had left, turning on his heel and leading the in the other direction.

--------------------------------------------------------

THREE WEEKS LATER

--------------------------------------------------------

"This thing is itchy as hell." YN groaned, leaning down once again to scratch at her ankle monitor.

"Quit complaining, it's doing my head in." Tony muttered, frowning as he leant down to inspect a piece of machinery on the bench.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I forced you to come here and fill my living room with your weird looking tech." YN grunted, getting to her feet and leaning next to Tony at the counter. "Where's Sam?" She asked, looking over Tony's shoulder.

"Shower." Is all the brunette responded with, bumping YN out of the way with his hip.

"Jeez, we are a bag of fun today." YN murmured, rolling her eyes. She wandered over to the fridge, pulling it open to inspect the inside of it for the up-teenth time that morning. YN groaned, throwing her head back as she, once again, found nothing of interest in there. "I'm hungry."

"There is literally a fridge full of food right there." YN frowned, crossing her arms.

"I want ice-cream." Tony sighed, turning around to face the brooding woman.

"Then call your super solder boyfriend and tell him to get you some." YN's frown deepened.

"Why are you so grumpy?" She asked, pulling her phone out to text Steve her request.

"I can't get this to connect, everything I've tried makes it short-circuit." Tony grumbled, dropping his tools as the machine burnt out again.

"Did you try releasing the pin, connecting it, then putting the pin back in?" Tony looked at the woman, who leant over, grabbed his coffee and started sipping at it.

"Why didn't you tell me that forty-five minutes ago." YN shrugged with a grin.

"You didn't ask." Hearing the door open, YN's grin widened as Tony rolled his eyes. "Ice-cream!" She shouted, jumping on the spot before running to Steve at the front door.

"Hello. Where is my ice-cream?" Steve laughed, kissing the top of her head as he passed.

"Bear with me, let me get in the door." YN huffed, padding after him as he entered the kitchen. "Stark." He greeted tensely, bypassing the shorter man on his way to the fridge.

"Cap." Tony responded, throwing a fist up in triumph when his little project lit up successfully. "YN, I could kiss you right now."

"Please don't. That would be like kissing an old person." Tony curled his lip at her, shaking his head.

"Isn't that what you do everyday?" YN looked at him for a moment before realizing, she let out a loud laugh, throwing her head back.

"You two are spending too much time together. I think I liked it better when you were frenemies." YN giggled, biting her lip.

"Jealous?" Steve looked down at her with narrowed eyes.

"Do you want your ice-cream or not?" YN's mouth popped open, her stare becoming a glare.

"Are you threatening my ice-cream?" Steve grinned, shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know... Am I?" YN scrunched up her nose, lifting her fists.

"Alright, come on. I can take you." Steve laughed loudly, leaning down to peck YN's mouth.

"You're a dork." YN chuckled, looking around Steve's body who tutted. "You can have dinner first." YN groaned in annoyance, flopping her head back.

"Oh my God, how old are you?" Tony grunted, lifting his machine up and placing it back into it's box.

"A lot younger than you, old man." Tony glared at her, trying and failing to fight a smile. "Bucky should be back from therapy soon, we should all watch a movie."

"Pass." Tony muttered, picking up his keys,

"What? Why?" YN asked, frowning.

"I am not fifth wheeling." YN raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Please, Wilson and Barnes fight like an old married couple and you two are just... gross." YN slapped a hand to her chest in faux offense. "Anyway, I gotta pick up Pep, she's waiting for me." YN wiggled her eyebrows at the older man, making him laugh.

They bid their goodbyes shortly after, YN shutting the door behind Tony. "I'm glad you two are getting along. As much as it hurts my pride to say it." YN chuckled, smiling at her man. "And you're happier, I can tell." 

"Well, love does make a person crazy." Steve laughed as she sung out her sentence. "Hey, we have about fifteen minutes until Bucky gets home... whatever shall we do with that time?" Steve grinned, framing YN's face with his hands.

"I think I have an idea." Steve whispered, leaning down to breath into her ear. "You can help me put away the groceries." YN groaned loudly as Steve walked way.

"Come on! You're no fun!"