*Year full of fear*

The whole year of 1997 was treacherous, but it was expected. well, not Dumbledores death. Harry claimed it was snape who cast the spell, and while it was obvious, there was no evidence. After the bravest man Iris had ever known passed away, the wizarding world was starting to collapse.No one went anywhere alone, otherwise, you'd be considered missing. Death eaters walked freely everywhere, and if you bothered them even the tiniest bit, you be beaten. Many families went into hiding, and lots ran away. Mostly were Muggle-borns, and that included iris. She was somehow relieved when she received a letter from Mad-eye that her parents were being watched upon, she didn't know where the sympathy came from.

Harry, Dumbledore and Voldemort were again the front covers of every newspaper. Harry was now a legal wizarding adult, but it meant that some sort of bond would break. It was a topic that iris had paid no attention to since her head was too full of worry. She wished she had been there to help transport Harry, and she also wished she was at the wedding, but Percy wanted iris home, and although iris would never admit it, she felt safer at his place. Iris had no choice of resigning her teaching post once again because she was muggle-born. Harry's disappearance was all over the daily prophet, and his whereabouts were very valuable to the ministry which had no surprise been taken over by Voldemort. The dark lord was slowly taking over everything as well. She received a letter from the ministry asking for her question about her blood, to which she didn't reply too. Percy kept her hidden in his house, while still 'working' for the ministry. He didn't have the chance to act out, since he knew he was being watched. He assured everyone at the ministry that he had no clue where iris was, and even said he didn't care. The most questions he got were from Wheeler, who seemed to desperately want to know where iris was. It wasn't a concern, and Percy had a suspicious thought that he was a death eater. Keeping Iris safe was very hard, but it was harder on iris.

HArry was missing for about 6-8 months before he was spotted at the ministry, which Iris thought was incredibly stupid. But her stress was lifted just a tiny bit because she knew he was alive. But iris swear her hair was going grey. Every sound that came from the house scared iris, especially when she was alone while Percy was working. She barely went anywhere without her wand, and triple-checked to make sure the doors were locked. She also put spells everywhere, and Percy didn't reject them. SHe distracted herself with cooking and cleaning, and she'd be overwhelmed whenever Percy came back, just because she was happy he was safe. Despite the chaos happening in the world, the two made sure to spend the night together, even if they didn't talk. They just lay in bed in each other's arms, thanking merlin for having someone to love during these times. 

Iris believed they could win the war, but there was a tugging feeling something would go wrong. She had faith in Harry, all her faith was in him. And when the time came, she would give her life to fight against Voldemort. But of course, she was scared, who wouldn't. Iris's greatest fear was losing everyone she loved, and at the moment it was Percy. Words couldn't describe how much she loved him, she felt safe with him. She would honestly be fine if she died during the war, along with as she died doing something good, but she wouldn't be able to bear with the fact that it could be Percy who dies, leaving her to live on her own. She didn't want to die of course, but she knew it was going to be a possibility. But the thought of Percy's death haunted her, she wasn't even able to think it through. She'd always pull herself out of those thoughts before she could imagine it. She knew that she would not be prepared if it actually happened, but she prayed that that wouldn't ever happen.

Percy was thinking the same thing as iris. He was more than in love with her for merlin's sake! Sometimes he couldn't believe why iris chose him, but he did not dwell on the thought, right now he had to be grateful for what he had. Even if she was looking stressed and tired, he always thought she looked beautiful. He knew how scared she was, and he was too. Ron was also missing, and he was just as important to him as Harry was to Iris. Working at the ministry was no good either. Wheeler was pressing through him, demanding to know any whereabouts of Iris. He supposed it was because they were related and maybe she knew where Harry was, but Percy had a side thought that maybe Wheeler wanted to hurt her for the sake of hurting her. It made his determination to keep iris safe higher, but it obviously wore him out. But with all the hard work, he didn't have to hesitate before hugging his girlfriend. He needed it too.

The couple hadn't been in touch with anyone, Percy still wasn't talking to his parents mostly because it would be awkward no matter how much Iris pushed him. Harry was nowhere to be found, Mika and George were in hiding. Eric and Pehlipe were also somewhere in the world. All their mail was being searched so there was no hope of contacting anyone. Iris hoped Penelope and Areida were safe, her heart ached for every good person in the world.