27

A month later. | Monday

"Kendell I am not coming to get you early bro I just dropped you off." India laughed, on FaceTime with Kendell as she drove.

"Oh my godddd Nene I don't wanna be hereeee." He groaned, and she laughed.

"If you go the whole week without complaining, I'll give you an extra $500 with your allowance." She told him, and he grinned.

"Aight bet. Nah, can you just get me them black cats?" He asked, and she glanced at the camera.

"The fuck are those?" She mumbled, and he laughed.

"Jordan 4s. They $800." He told her, and she tilted her head to the side.

"You be running game on me you lil bastard." She frowned, and he laughed again, and India heard the bell ring.

"I'll get them if you go without complaining, and make atleast one friend." She said, and he mugged the camera.

"I don't want no friends." He mumbled.

"Yes you do Dasani you be bored as hell. Just try, you know Ima get them shoes either way, I just want you to make a friend." She glanced at the camera, and he nodded.

"Aight Nene. No promises, but I'll try." He shrugged, and she smiled.

"Good. Now get off your phone and pay attention to class." She chuckled, turning her windshield wipers on since it began raining harder.

"This art. All I gotta do is draw something that made me happy this week. But say, lunch next period and I don't want that. Can you bring me some Chic Fil A?" He asked, and she whistled.

"Hell nah baby it's raining. Use your card I gave you and doordash it." She said, parking her car.

"I spent all my allowance already." He scratched the back of his head.

"How?! You just got it Friday. Kendell what did you spend $3,000 on?" She frowned.

They had set up an allowance of $3,000 per week for Kendell, and all he had to do was keep his grades up, keep his room clean, and occasionally clean the kitchen.

When Kendell lived with Sherhonda, Kentrell sent him, or so he thought, $15,000 a month. India decided to divide that by the weeks in a month, and give him an allowance that he had to work for.

"I ordered some more shoes, some V bucks, and a bunch of V Lone sh-stuff." He told her, and she shook her head.

"I'll order it for you Kendell. Bye, get off my phone." She grabbed it out of the holder, and he laugh.

"I love you Ne." He waved, and she smiled.

"I love you too lil boy. Bye." She waved back, hanging up.

She put her hood on, getting out of her car and running to the door.

She opened it, walking inside.

"Nylah!" India called out Samaria's middle name, taking her crocs off.

"Down here! Come get yo ex nigga out my face!" Samaria yelled, and India laughed, walking down to Samaria's den.

"Hey bestfriend. Wassup grandson?" India let him hug her, before she pulled away, kissing Samaria's cheek.

"What you doing here?" Von asked her, a smirk on his face.

"My bestfriend Damn near begged me to come. Trust me, I ain't come for you. I ain't even know you was here." India waved him off, and he smacked his lips.

"Steady tryna get with my bestie, knowing Asian brick booty ass be abusing you." Samaria mumbled, making India laugh.

"Shut the fuck up Samaria. Hating ass hoe." He bucked at her.