Chapter 58

Anadil looked at the coin Hermione gave them for their first meeting. The coin oddly reminds Anadil of the Death eaters mark, and how Voldemort summons his followers for meetings, she's supposed to be dead, she knows, Crabbe and Goyle already reported to the Death eaters and told them that she's alive, by now Regulus or Snape are being questioned, but she's sure it's nothing.She didn't know that the more she tells herself it's nothing, the more the two are in trouble.

___

"But m-", Regulus didn't finish his sentence when Voldemort gave him a cold glare, Voldemort sept around Snape and Regulus carefully, until an idea came in head.

"If the girl tricked us, then I shall send the two of you in another task", By his words, Regulus and Snape looked at eachother, both worried about the task Voldemort was about to give them, "She'll be a perfect replacement for what we lost".

Then it hit them, not just them but everyone who was listening to them, Anadil will be Draco's replacement, "She's smart and very clever, I think the two of you can lure her in", He continued with a smirk.

This caught both Snape and Regulus off guard, 'Lure her in' ? the two looked at him again and this time he was looking at them, expecting a reaction from the two, Snape who caught on gave the Dark Lord a sly smile, "Well my Lord I raised her, so I think I can lure her or better manipulate her to join us, and as you said she's a perfect replacement".

Snape was finally out of  his trance when he looked at Regulus, "I'll help him with it, we'll try to get her here, by the next meeting", Regulus stiffened at Snape's promise, but nodded.

"You are dismissed", The Dark Lord said, both Regulus and Snape stood up in the same time, they need to tell Dumbledore about this, and they need a lot of opinions, but with Snape's promise Regulus has a hunch they won't escape this one.

The two apparated with ease, as usual their first destination was 12 Grimmuald Place, the two didn't knock (knocking would cause Walburga to wake up), the two immediately went down the kitchen, they're sure a few members are there, since Grimmuald Place is the orders safe house, they don't see the reason why it's going to be abandoned.

The first person Regulus saw was Remus, to the two of them it's better than Sirius. "The two of you look exhausted, how was the meeting with Voldemort?" Remus immediately asked.

"You're alone?", Regulus asked and Remus nodded, "Good".

Snape sat down, and Regulus did the same, Remus was still standing waiting for the two to talk, Snape gestured for him to sit down, it was a kind gesture that's why he's dumbfounded.

Ones Remus was settled in, Regulus started to tell him everything that The Dark Lord recently told them to do. Remus was shocked with the revelation the two gave.

"We need to tell Dumbledore", Remus said. Remus called Dumbledore using a patronous, he also told the headmaster to bring Anadil with him and hopefully they'll take the news well.

"You're not going to inform Sirius?", Snape asked and Remus sighed.

"He won't take this well, it's better if he doesn't know yet, but He'll find out soon, I'm sure Dumbledore's going to announce this to the order, it also means Ani's going to be  a member, if she has limited time to train, then I suggest we don't tell Sirius yet, he'll do anything to stop this", Remus explained and the t wo nodded.

The three of them stayed put, waiting patiently for Dumbledore's arrival with Anadil, it took a couple of minutes when Anadil and Dumbledore emerged  from the fireplace.

Remus offered the two to sit down, Anadil was confused, but acted calm. Regulus looked at his niece with a sad smile, with a sigh he re-told the story that they recently told Remus.

Anadil's eyes widen at the new mission she's given, "Pardon me?", It was clear to her what she's about to do, but she needs assurance.

Regulus sighed, "He needs you", He answered. Anadil stood up from her chair and gave a sigh.

"I knew this was going to happen, I just didn't think that he would want me in, I thought he'd kill me", Anadil said sarcastically, and that made Regulus stand up as well.

"Do—"

"No I'm willing to do this"

"Your life will be in danger"

"Technically, my life's been in danger since I was born"

"Will you really fight me?"

"You made too many sacrifices for me Uncle Reg, and I want to pay you back"

"You already paid it by drinking adenosine"

Anadil sighed, she forgot about the whole adenosine thing, "Please let me do this, I don't want you to be in trouble".

Regulus looked at Remus, and he nodded, "She's stubborn, you'll have to let her do it", Regulus sighed at Remus's statement.

The three adults looked at Dumbledore and he nodded, "I'll have Mad-eye and myself train her everyday after class".

Anadil smiled at this at least now she's making some progress, she hugged Remus, then Regulus. She smiled at Snape before turning to Dumbledore.

"We'll see you Christmas", Remus said when Anadil and Dumbledore went in the fireplace.

Anadil took one last look at the three before shouting 'Hogwarts'.

The three sat down again, they were silent for a few minutes when someone entered the room, the three looked at the door and saw Sirius with James and Frank.

Remus smiled at them while, Regulus and Snape nodded, "We'll be going", Regulus said as he and Snape went to the door, the three had a brief moment of eye contact when Regulus broke it, "I'll keep her safe Remus, I promise to bring her home".

Remus smiled and nodded to Regulus.

The two left and that made the three dumbfounded, Remus shrugged at Regulus's behaviour, for now he needs to keep it a secret.

———

Date updated : December 13, 2021 (Monday) 10:20 am