{41.5} Christmas Special: Witches and Battalion

A/N: Merry Christmas! 

How're y'all doing? Over here in B.C. Canada, it's freezing cold and it's gonna snow this weekend! I'm looking forward to having snow fort fights... 

What are some of your presents this year?

Side note: this chapter was made after I blew through my trigonometry homework (it's such a pain but still doable).

Anyways, enjoy!

8 months after the events of Arc 4.5...

Countdown to Water Gate City... 3 months.

Location: Costuul, regional capital of the Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica.

Y/N POV

"Hey! Hey! Wake up, everyone!" I yelled, excited as I remembered today's date. It was December 24th, the Christmas Eve of the first year I arrived in the world of Re:Zero. 

My teammates, who are asleep on the beds next to and around me, gradually woke up as they groaned. "Y/N onii-san... why are you shouting so early in the morning?" Meili said as she stretched, before plunging herself back onto Elsa's resting body.

"Well, it's Christmas, so I thought we oughta start doing some festive things!" I said as they looked at me, confused as Omega raised her hand. 

"Um, Y/N, what do you mean by, it's Christmas?" 

"Hah?"

Oh wait... they don't know what it is, do they? And you, Chid-chan, have you not explored my mind long enough to know what that is? Really?

"Uh, anyways, back in my hometown, we celebrated a festival of sorts called Christmas. Basically, we have a giant feast of sorts before giving everyone gifts on the day. Now, since we're here in Costuul, I was thinking we could buy each other some gifts."

"Ah..." Yae said as she rubbed away the sleepiness, and nodded in agreement. "But Y/N, aren't we kinda broke?"

"Oh, money? That won't be a problem. Imma just leave this on the tab of the Golden Beetle. Helaine won't really mind it if I told her to pay small gifts for me. Just don't buy anything too expensive, okay? If you are going to buy something expensive, tell me, because..." I said as I created a few holy coins out of thin air. "I can just always make more."

My battalion members all sighed at my currency creation, and Omega shook her head in mock disappointment. 

"Well then, just so you know, everyone have please take one of those Merchant Association 'Cards'. When people ask you who to relay the money pay to, tell them Russell Fellow- Golden Beetle. This way, we can make sure the transaction doesn't go wrong. Got it?"

A few 'okays' went across the room as they began to change and get dressed, which gave me my cue to leave. I stepped into the lobby of the inn we were staying in, and the receptionist greeted me kindly. "Hello, Liberator-san. How may I be of assistance today?"

"Don't be so formal, Lilia. I'm not that famous to be honest. I only saved a few villages..."

"But you're all across the papers, you know? You also prevented the Disaster of Plagues, and drove off the poison from the Black Snake in the west just a few weeks ago! You know how impressive that was?"

"You flatter me, honestly..."

"And that's not all! Some sources also say that you were fighting alongside the Duchess Karsten in the Hunt for the White Whale, and you delivered a critical blow to the Great Mabeast! Also, look here in the paper..."