Part 6 - Episode 4

Kol watched in amusement as Marcel blinked in confusion before shrugging and nodding. He quickly disappeared inside the house to get the object, appearing in front of him just as quickly as he left

"Here," he stated, passing the white figurine to Kol. Kol examined the figurine before nodding and pocketing it. After that, he nodded his head in reluctant gratitude before turning on his heel and leisurely strolled out of the driveway without giving an explanation. Rebekah immediately followed after him, her gait determined and concise.

"The white horse?" Rebekah asked immediately after he left Marcel's house, "Why exactly did you ask for that?"

"I needed it for something," Kol replied dismissively, waving his hand towards. Rebekah adopted an outraged look before storming towards him and snatching the figurine from him. 

"Rebekah!" Kol sighed, glaring at his sister, "I needed that." 

"Then, if you need it so much you can tell me why," Rebekah replied, giving him a saccharine sweet smile. Kol threw his hands in frustration. 

"It's not even yours!" He exclaimed, gesturing toward the innocent looking toy in the blonde's hand. 

"Technically, it is mine. Nik had originally made it for me." Rebekah argued, crossing her arms stubbornly. 

"Fine! If you want to be so insufferable. What is the thing made off?" Kol told her, glaring at the original. 

"What?" Rebekah blinked, caught off guard, "How is that relevant." 

"White Oak," Kol informed her flatly, pointing at the carving, "Nik had carved it using..." 

"Wood from the White Oak tree growing in our village," Rebekah whispered in realization, looking at the figurine in dawning horror. In her bewilderment, Kol quickly sped towards her and snatched the carving back. He took a lighter out of his pocket and light the wood on fire. 

"Wait!" Rebekah shouted, reaching towards the wood desperately. Kol cast his sister a weird look and shifted away from her. 

"What happened now?" Kol questioned, sighing. 

"Shouldn't we keep a little bit of it with us? Safe and hidden, in case we want to..." Rebekah asked, trailing off with a mournful expression. 

"I already did that," Kol replied, just as seriously. Kol smiled bitterly at her when she gave him a surprised look. 

"You realize that we all feel it? Some of us just hide it better." Kol commented quietly, turning to stand next to his sister. 

"How- how do you stay so, lively?" Rebekah asked, clenching her hand in a tight fist. Kol sighed before engulfing her in a hug. 

"I found someone to live for." He stated simply, placing his head above hers. 

"I cant- Nik doesn't let me-" Rebekah told him bitterly, tilting her head up to face him. Kol gave her a sad smile. 

"Last time I checked, Nik has no right to dictate what you do. You can do whatever you want with your life." He told her firmly, looking at her in the eye. Rebekah drew in a deep breath before nodding, slipping out of his hold. 

"Better?" He asked, giving her a wry smile. The original snorted before nodding, wrapping her arms around herself. Exhaling quietly, she turned around and lifted her hand in farewell. Then, she quickly flashed away. However, right before she left, Kol caught sight of a slight tear rolling down her cheek. 

Suddenly his phone chimed, alerting him of a text message. Kol sighed before lifting his phone curiously. 

Where are you? Vincent wants to talk to your family about The Hollow. 

~ Davina