94: High School Student 02

The scenes flashed by, whether Zong Yan remembered them clearly or not, until he found the black notebook, entered MU, traveled from London back to Jiangzhou, and finally arrived in New York.

The two stood side by side on the streets of New York City.

After such a tumultuous event, much of the infrastructure in New York as well as many buildings had been extensively damaged. Toppled utility poles abounded in the streets, and the windows of skyscrapers had shattered into fragments. Much of the glass had been destroyed by fighter jets, while other damage was caused by sonic booms and high pressure air currents.

They hadn't yet reached the end of the timeline.

The gray-haired evil god still held the hand of the younger evil god, strolling leisurely through the city. The light was warm and yellow, like that cast by a paper lantern.

As they walked, the intersection that had been torn apart by a large pit was leveled and filled in by fire trucks. The asphalt streets were repaved, and the smashed shops were cleaned up and put back in order. The formerly deserted Fifth Avenue returned to normal. People from all over the world arrived once again with luxury shopping bags in hand.

White collar workers in Queens hurried to the subway; Brooklynites gathered on corners to smoke illegal cigarettes; upper class ladies in Manhattan sat in fancy cafes with little poodles on their laps, talking to each other about the season's new arrivals.

It was still winter in New York. Heavy snow fell down like goose feathers, and the ground was covered in a layer of white frost.

The two evil gods didn't step down from the river of the timeline, nor did they leave any footprints in the snow.

Everything was beautiful.

Humans were good at rebuilding after a disaster. Even if this species encountered a world-class calamity, they didn't give up hope.

For humans, hope would blossom in the ruins.

"Here we are."

When they reached the door of the world-famous Tiffany & Co. on Fifth Avenue, the Lord of Time and Space came to a halt.

Zong Yan looked up. He could see the classic robin's-egg blue jewelry boxes through the window of Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn once stood here wearing a little black dress with a piece of bread in her hand, looking forward to the day she could live a life of luxury in high society.

"What time is it?"

He realized they didn't seem to have arrived just after Mordiggian and Ghroth retreated. Looking at the speed of the reconstruction, it appeared some time had passed.

"It's been half a month since you left. I believe your high school classes have resumed."

Vacation for senior three students was supposed to end before than that of ordinary freshmen and sophomores, not to mention that Spring Festival came early this year, in January. It made sense that winter break had already ended.

"Ah?" Zong Yan was surprised. "Then I've been missing for half a month?"

"Logically, that's the case," said Yog. "The time you experienced in prehistory must be exchanged with time in the modern era. The rate at which time flows isn't equal, therefore it's necessary for you to lose this half month of time. Otherwise it will lead to the collapse of your personal timeline."

"All right." Zong Yan pressed his lips together.

Going missing for half a month was a big deal, especially at such a critical moment.