Chapter 14

The soft yet strong, fresh and hot and many more adjectives could be used to describe the coffee made by Anisha. It was heaven!

Abhimanyu could not have enough of it and he couldn't stop licking his lips. That coffee sure was addicting!

The day had begun and sure Anisha had not forgotten the instructions she was given last night and hence he was welcomed by this amazing coffee at the start of the day.

' Definitely, going to demand more of this everyday' Abhimanyu mumbled.

His coffee admiring session was stopped by a knock on the door, " Yes?"

Anisha poked her head in, " Are you ready to go through the schedule?"

" Yes, come in."

" So, you have a meeting at..." Abhimanyu gave her his entire attention and when she was done he asked, " Why don't you make coffee at home?"

" Umm" Anisha looked at him confused.

" Coffee at home?" He repeated.

" You said you have enough coffee at office and don't want more at home. So Maa told me to make juice for you at home." She replied softly.

" Oh it was me again! Why Abhimanyu!"

" What's wrong ?" She stared at him wide eyed. The man was a grown man for crying out loud and was here clutching his hair groaning! It was funny yet confusing.

" Abhimanyu..."

Abhimanyu snapped his head in her direction  and looked at her giving him a wide eyed stare with a confused frown in place. He got off his chair and made way to stand in her front of her.

Personal space be damned!

Anisha turned rosy at his close proximity and Abhimanyu fondly removed the fallen hair strand off her face. Cupping her cheek he said, " Anisha, if I knew you could make such a wonderful coffee, trust me when I say, I could have opened a damn personal coffee shop only for you!"

Anisha chuckled and blushed simultaneously. It was weird how she could feel so many things at once! Abhimanyu gave her these many emotions and he was slowly worming his way inside.

Shaking his head at the rosy cheeks of his wife he took all his willpower and said, " Anisha let's start working. We have a meeting in one hour."

Nodding her head at the sudden change in his mood she left his side to resume her work.

An hour passed swiftly and now Anisha stood in the elevator with Abhimanyu by her side. They were going to the conference hall on fifteenth floor. Anisha was specifically focussed on the changing numbers on the display while Abhimanyu was observing her from the corner of his eyes.

Having had enough he grasped her hand which was busy clutching her dress and intertwined his fingers with his.

" You will do good."

No more words could have deflated her anxiety like his. Sighing she replied, " I hope so."

" I know so."

With that she smiled at him and let her anxiety dissipate but made no move to take her hand off his clutch.

With the ring of elevator Abhimanyu let her hand go after he felt two strong tugs from her side. Begrudgingly he let her hand go and they entered the conference hall.

" Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Let's begin this meeting."

With his command the meeting started. Anisha was amazed to look at the boss side of her husband. He truly was admired by all his employees and she knew why. His presence was an assurance itself. He took participation in every decision making and was smart enough to let every query be resolved to best of his ability.

Taking notes proved difficult for Anisha. It was her first meeting but what she struggled the most was that she couldn't stop herself from admiring her husband. He drew her entire attention towards him.

" So, I think it will be all for this day. Let's meet next week for further discussion."

Everybody scattered out of the room and Anisha followed Abhimanyu back to their floor and then his office.

" So, the notes?"

" Yes, here you go."

With a quick glance at them he sighed and asked, " Did you take down everything?"

" I'm sorry I missed a few points."

" You missed two important points."

She said, " I know, I was not efficient enough..."

" Did I tell you that you are inefficient? No! I was just saying you missed two points and I suggest you keep a recorder on in the next meeting because you are not accustomed to taking down the notes. "

Anisha nodded at him.

" Now you may leave but get me a coffee after the next thirty minutes."

Anisha made a beeline for her office and started going through the files for the next meeting.

Abhimanyu sighed when he took a sip of his favourite coffee and then was about to appreciate her when he saw nobody in the office. ' Did I scold her too hard? But I'm the boss I'm supposed to not let anything go wrong.'

Shaking his head Abhimanyu got back to work but concentration was a task that was indeed difficult!

Finally having wasted a complete five minutes did he call her back inside. " Did I hurt you?" He asked as soon as she poked her head in.

" What? When? What are you saying?" She asked completely confused.

Smiling to himself he cleared his throat all the while rubbing the back of his neck. " I thought I was too harsh scolding you."

" Abhimanyu, even if it was harsh. It is office and you are my boss. Don't hold back while correcting me ever. I want to be good enough of a secretary for you and not let anyone even doubt how I am not worthy of being here! Because I want to be worthy of that seat."

" And you are. Just a little bit more training. "

" Yes. Can I get back to work. Next meeting in fifteen."

" What really!?"

" Yes."

" Take all your necessary things and let's move. Brief me about the meeting on the way."

" Okay."

And they rushed to the meeting room all the while Anisha briefed him about the meeting's agenda.

*-*-*

How is it?