Chapter- 38

Braelyn's POV

"Excuse me." The receptionist looked up at me.

"How may I help you?" The tone she used told me that she was plain and simple bored with her job and the last thing she wanted was to be friendly.

"I am here for an interview for the job of the public relations head." I offered a small smile hoping to encourage her. Recognition flashed through her eyes.

"Ms. Taylor?" I furrowed my brows confused as to how she knew my name.

"Uhm, yes." I muttered.

"Give me a second, please." I nodded as she picked up the phone and spoke to someone. I took my time to look around.

"Mr. Price wishes to see you in his office." Her voice brought my attention back. I didn't know that the CEO himself would take the interview.

"Leo will show you the way." Following the receptionist's line of vision, my eyes landed on a blonde guy of about my age. He flashed me a smile, one that I'm sure girls would soon over before I followed him towards the elevator.

"Hey, I'm Leo." He spoke up after a few seconds into the ride to the tenth floor.

"I'm Braelyn." I passed a smile of my own.

"You're hot." This sudden compliment was not what I had expected.

"Uhh, I'm sorry. It was kind of sudden." He scratched the back of his neck, looking embarrassed.

"No, it's okay." After that I could feel his gaze on the side of my face.

"Would you like to go out someday?" He asked after some time.

"I have a boyfriend." I smiled apologetically at him.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I just…" He trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"No, it's okay." Just then the elevator made the 'ding' sound and we walked out, again me behind him.

"Here you go." I looked at the large brown door before nodding at him. I could feel the nerves. Taking a deep breath, I finally knocked.

"Come in." I stepped into the cabin. Mr. Price was seated behind his desk. He looked like a man in his mid forties.

"Good morning, Mr. Price. I'm Braelyn Taylor and I'm here for-" He cut me off midway.

"The job of the public relations head, I know." I smiled nervously.

"Please take a seat." I nodded before sitting down.

"My resume." I passed the file to him.

"Congratulations Ms. Taylor, you have the job." I am sure he didn't invest more than a glance at the file.

"What? I mean...the interview?" He slid the file back towards me.

"I have seen whatever I need in your resume. You got the job." Not shady at all. Though not convinced, I managed a smile.

"Thank you for trusting me with the opportunity." He nodded.

"Of course, Ms. Taylor. So when would you like to start your job here?" He tapped his fingers on the desk.

"I can join from next week."

"That will be nice." Taking that as my cue, I stood up to leave.

"Thank you, Mr. Price."

"You're welcome." I closed the door behind me. Hugging the file to my chest I thought over everything. Something wasn't adding up but before I could try and figure out what, the conversation of two employees caught my attention.