Epilogue

**Oh. My. God. As if this is the epilogue. Enjoy this, and make sure you have voted for each chapter, i really appreciate it! 

Lots of love, Annabelle.

"Do you think she suffered?" YN whispered, kicking a stone on the ground.

"I wouldn't dwell on it, YN." YN looked up to Sam, glassy eyes staring into solemn brown.

"She was alone-"

"YN. Please. This is not your fault." YN sighed, looking down at the set of gravestones. YN looked down to her feet, struggling to lift her gaze back up. "How are you feeling?" Sam asked, turning her attention away from where her family lay.

"I'm okay." YN whispered, shutting her eyes to stop the tears from building up.

"Don't lie to me, YN." YN smiled, shaking her head.

"Seriously, Sam. I'm alright. I'll be okay." Sam nodded, slipping his hand from YN's shoulder and winding it around her body. "Thank you for organizing the funeral." She added, wrapping her arms around her best friend. "It was lovely."

"Not a problem, baby." Sam whispered into her hair, pressing his own eyes closed when he casted a glance over Riley's headstone.

"I miss him." YN murmured, her eyes trailing to where Riley lay. "I miss him the most because he had so much more to do in life." Sam nodded, not saying anything. "But mom, she was my fault." Sam clenched his teeth, shaking his head. "She died because I made myself known to Rumlow." Sam took a shaky breath.

"Your mother's death is HYDRA's doing. Or if you're looking for someone closer to blame, you can blame me for dragging you into this." YN shook her head, leaning out of Sam's embrace to look him in the eye.

"No. This is not your fault." Sam smiled softly, brushing a piece of hair from her face.

"Then it's not yours either." YN sighed, looking around the small cemetery.

"How long before they realize we're gone?" YN asked, looking back to where Tony and Steve were leaning against the hood of their car.

"Stark says we have half hour before they crack the virus, he's got F.R.I.D.A.Y watching their every move." Sam responded, stepping away from YN.

"Okay." YN sighed heavily. "Hey, Sam?" Sam looked up, meeting YN's eyes. "When we're free again, I want to organize to see a counselor. Someone who can help me move on from Riley's death." Sam smiled, albeit a painful one.

"You tell me what you need, YN, and I'll get it for you." YN smiled, rushing forward into Sam's arms. "I love you, princess." YN chuckled, squeezing Sam tighter.

"You and Steve are going to have to fight over the pet names now, huh?" Sam laughed, stepping back.

"You were mine first." Sam winked, earning a loud giggle from YN. "I'll send him over." YN nodded, turning back to look over her family's plot, awaiting her counterpart's arrival.

She felt an arm wrap around her shoulders, the woman instinctually leaning into his warm embrace. "The service was beautiful, YN." YN nodded, turning to wrap her own arms around Steve's waist.

"I miss them all." YN whispered into his jacket, closing her eyes briefly.

"Tell me about them." YN smiled, looking up into clear blue eyes.

"Well, my dad was in the Navy. He spent majority of my childhood overseas. He lost his leg due to a training exercise gone wrong, he retired with all of his benefits. When he came home he was... different. He was tired, distant, whereas before he would take Riley and I to the beach, the park or wherever we wanted to go. In the end, the chemicals in the explosion ended up poisoning him. He died when I was sixteen." Steve sighed, squeezing the woman in his arms tightly.

"What about Riley, what was he like?" YN smiled, a tear slipping down her face.

"He was the best brother I could have ever asked for. He always made sure I was included when all of his friends wanted to do things when we were teens. After we graduated and he joined the air force, he addressed all of his letters to me, not my mom." Steve laughed, wiping a tear from her face. "He and Sam would pick on me, pulling pranks and shit. We went camping when I was seventeen, just after Sam and I started... uh." Steve chuckled.

"It's okay, YN." He muttered, kissing her cheek.

"I woke up and I was floating on my air mattress in the middle of the lake." Steve let out a loud laugh, shaking his head. "When I got back to shore, I grabbed both of their bags and threw them in. We all ended up swimming in the lake trying to recover our stuff." YN laughed softly, resting her cheek against Steve's chest. "After he died, I struggled to find happiness in anything that reminded me of him. He was everywhere, even when I looked in the mirror." Steve nodded, letting out a breath and running a hand up and down YN's back.

"You do look a lot alike." YN closed her eyes, biting back a sob.

"My Ma always said we were supposed to be twins, I was just to slow a swimmer the first time." Steve laughed again, his chest shaking under YN's cheek.

"You both look like your mom." YN nodded, resting her chin on Steve's chest to look up at him again.

"Yeah." She murmured. "She was so beautiful. Always smiling, even after she'd lost everything." YN sniffled, tears escaping her eyes. "After my Pa passed, her smile dimmed for a while, but she always knew how to brighten Riley and I's days." Steve met YN's eyes, pulling a smile from her. "And after Riley, I just pulled away from her. Left her on her own." YN shook her head, her chest tightening. "She died alone." She whispered, choking out a sob.

"Hey, your mother knew you loved her." YN shook her head.

"All I ever did was lie to her. She'd ask me if I was okay, I'd say yes. Lie. She'd ask if I could come see her, I'd say I was busy. Lie. Why didn't I just go see her?" YN cried, burying her face deep into Steve's chest.

Not prepared for the major mood shift, Steve swallowed tightly. "YN, look at me." YN felt two hands on her face, pulling it up to meet two blue irises. "Your mother knows how much you loved her. Still love her. She knew you were going through tough times. I know this because if she's anything like you, she'd be an understanding, caring, loving woman." YN bit her lip, stopping more choked noises from escaping her.

"You really think that?" YN asked, her teary eyes flicking between Steve's.

"I know it, YN." He replied, leaning down to press a soft kiss to her lips. "I love you." He whispered, pulling her in for a tight hug.

"I love you, too." YN responded softly, feeling Steve stiffen beneath her at her first admittance of love. "I really do."