Chapter 05 - Preparation

A/N:

A bit of swearing involved, nothing else to see here.

________________________________________________________________________________

The study  groups had been initialized, and full fledged preparation for the Midterms was already underway. My group consisted of Maya Sato, Inogashira Kokoro, Ryotaro Hondo, Kayano Onodera and, surprisingly, Chiaki Matsushita. She was definitely someone who did not need help. I'd have to think about how to deal with her soon enough.

The library was filled with students from all classes forming their own study groups and preparing for the exams. Our table was located towards the corner of the library, so there was relatively lesser noise compared to the other tables. Hirata's study group was in the next table.

I had tied up my long black hair into a bun, and wore my glasses. I usually didn't need them unless I was reading; in fact, I didn't even need them. I've had several girls state that I have a relatively feminine face, and I did not refute. I probably did.

"Takeyama-kun, how do you solve this problem? I don't get it.", Sato-san asked me. From what I had understood, Sato-san lacked in Mathematics. She was fine in Literature and Japanese History, so I didn't bother to teach them to her.

I looked down at her notebook. "You cannot use that formula. It doesn't apply in this problem." Saying so, I grabbed my pencil and wrote down a formula we had learnt in class a few days back. 

"Try solving it with this. Once you get it, go ahead with the second exercise of the textbook. It contains similar problems."

"Yes! Thanks Takeyama-kun!", Sato-san said brightly, and proceeded to work on the sum.

"Takeyama-kun, you're a surprisingly good teacher, eh?" Chiaki Matsushita was the one who asked me this, "have you done this before?"

"No, it's my first time", I honestly replied, "I've never really taught anyone anything before."

"Haw? But you seem to be really good at it. I'd think you've done this before many times", Onodera-san said.

"I'm not really sure. Guess I just have a knack for it, that's all."

They seemed to be satisfied at my explanation, and continued to work on their problems. Hirata called me out from the other table. I excused myself, and went over to meet him.

"I see you're doing really well, Keisuke. The girls seem to follow and study more when you're around", Hirata said.

"I could say the same for you, Yosuke", I replied, "it's the same for you as well."

"Well, hopefully it stays this way", Hirata said with a smile, before returning to his seat.

I moved on forward towards a table whose conversation I had overheard. I made my way through the library, and arrived at the table at the center, where Class B seemed to be having their own study session. I made sure not to look their way, and proceeded to pick out a random reference book from the shelf and flipped through it.

"...... for this sum". I heard a sweet voice say this. I peeked from behind my book. I could see a beautiful golden hair girl helping out a fellow classmate with a Math sum. Her name was Honami Ichinose, and she was the leader of Class B. From what I had heard, Class B relied heavily on unity and friendship, and had put a great deal of trust on Ichinose-san. Ichinose-san was famous throughout our school year, being regarded as one of the kindest in the grade.

I listened in to their conversation for a little longer, but it seemed like they weren't talking about anything important, and were sincerely studying for the Midterms.