Chapter 23

Unedited 04/11/2021

"My father transformed in front of us. He was no longer the gentleman we knew. The gentleman who left ten years before. My mother tried to explain that she cried for him for years. That she missed him, but she did not know he was coming back."

"He was not willing to listen to her 'excuses' he called them. He started telling us some things he went through in the enemy's prison. Things I'm sure he would not have gone into detail of if he was not convinced that my mother betrayed him."

"He told us that the only thing that kept him alive was thinking about coming back to us. He thought about marrying my mom and me being the flower girl. As the years went by, he started thinking about me as the Maid of honor as so many years passed, and I was too old to be a flower girl."

  "My mother cried trying to convince him she thought he was dead. He stormed out of the house, and we did not hear from him for one week."

  "Our home was never so sad as it was in that one week. We try to put on a font for Josh and Kameisha who was frightened by my father's behavior."

  "He called on a Monday which was one day before my birthday to inform us that he will be coming by on Wednesday. We were so excited."

  "For the entire week before I was not interested in celebrating my birthday but after my father called my mother convinced me to let us go shopping as we had planned before."

  "She had a smile on her face again. I still did not want to go to the mall, but I was glad to see her smiling. I decided to go for her. My mother tried to make a big deal out of our shopping date."

  "She bought a lot of clothes for me, saying I was turning in a young lady and the clothes I had were too young for my age and my body. Saying I was beautiful, and I was not to be afraid to enjoy my beauty."

  "We ate lunch at a fancy restaurant. We did so many things that day, by the end of the day I was happy I went because we enjoyed ourselves a great deal. We even bought matching outfits to meet our father the following day."

  "The following day when my father drove up, he was accompanied by a next car. Everything moved so fast, my father who was blinded by the hurt of being betrayed reported my mother as an illegal immigrant."

  "After almost twenty years of being so careful. The person she trusted the most blow the whistle on her. Before I knew it, my mother was on her way to the airport to be deported with my little brother and sister."

  "Jason was still in Jamaica and I was too young to be their guardian.
The three persons I love the most were sent away, and I was sent to live with my father."

  "Ten years earlier I lose my father.  My mother even though she was devastated as well, puts out her best to be a loving mother to me.,

  "Even though I have heard crying herself to sleep almost every night. Sometimes when I come from school, her eyes were swollen from crying she put on a bright face for me."

  "Now I lose my mother, I was left with a father who was not dealing with his hurt as well. He was not dealing with his hurt at all."

Kevin's wanted so much to stop her; tears were running down her face. He reached out for her earlier and she put up her hand stopping him.
He understood, she wanted to get everything out.

  "He was always ranting and railing about my mother's betrayal. Those were my father's favorite words; your mother betrayed me. Whenever I tried to explain to him that she did not, he would get mad and storm out of the house."

  "He would not be seen until the next day or two, too drunk to be constructive. I had to put him to bed and then he would hang on to me, crying himself to sleep."

  "Things get from bad to worse, he became a full-time drunk within no time. I was tired of staying at home wondering if he was coming home, if he was in a ditch somewhere, in the hospital, or even dead this time for real."

A/N

Thank you, thank you all for the continuous read and vote. ♥♥♥♥