Chapter Thirteen

"I'm going out to finish some errands" you nod at your father, not looking up from the book you are holding.

Luis narrows his eyes and snatches the book out of your grasp, and closed it.

"I was read that, I didn't even get to bookmark the page" you pout, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I said I'm going out to take care of some business, and I except that you are going to be on your best behavior" you sigh.

"All right, Papa," you say with a blunt tone.

"Are you not going to kiss my cheek or hug me before I leave?"

"No" you reply, too lazy to get up from your seat.

Suddenly, you get pulled out of the seat and into his embrace, as he pets your hair.

"If you try to run away, I will find you and place you inside a coffin for a whole night as punishment"

You gulp and quickly hug him back then place a peck on his cheek.

"Take care, Papa"

You have learned your lesson the first time, you can never outrun a vampire especially if you are a weak human.

❄︎❄︎❄︎𑁍❄︎❄︎❄︎

"Don't make any sounds or you are going to expose us, Clark"

"Speak about yourself Hanson, your shoes are the ones that are making all the sounds"

Lillian Clark and William Hanson, the most vicious vampires hunters are currently sneaking into your manor to kill Luis.

Make sure to not wake the servants, however, they are met with a big surprise.

"A human child?"

You are sleeping peacefully in your bed, the book you were reading is laying beside you on the bed.

Vampires don't allow human children to come near them or to enter their territories, so how come you are here.

"Do you think he adopted her?" William snorts.

"More like he kidnapped her, I'm sure that no orphanage would allow Luis to adopt a child with that appearance of his"

Indeed, Luis has white-silver hair, pale skin, and red eyes, an unnatural look.

"Should we save her?" He walks towards your bed.

"I don't know" Lillian raises an eyebrow in disbelief at her friend's words.

"What do you mean you do not know? She is an innocent child" William chuckles.

"A child who has been brainwashed by a vampire, indeed, she is"

"So your final answer is...?"

William looks at his friend, before picking you up into his arms.

Which causes you to wake up.

"Papa...huh?"

You start to panic when you realize that a stranger is the one who is holding you.

"Do not fret, we are here to save you" William assures you, starting to walk out of your chamber.

Those words were supposed to comfort you.

However, those two are strangers that you can't trust.

So, without thinking, you push yourself out of the vampire's grasp and into the cold floor.

And you start running away from them in fear.

"Wait" you ignore the dark-haired women's words as the vampire hunters chase after you.

However, William is faster then you and grabs you by the back of the collar of your nightwear.

"I guess we have to do this the hard way"

He pulls his dagger out and hits its hard handle against your head harshly to force you to lose consciousness.

However, you only scream in pain.

But it was enough to make you stop struggling.

He throws you over his right shoulder and starts walking towards the front doors.

When Lillian opens them to leave, they are met with the sight of a very angry Luis.

"Leaving so soon, you didn't even have tea yet" he steps inside, baring his fangs.

"Papa!" you exclaim with tears on your face, revealed to see your adoptive father.

Like a Papa bat who is trying to protect his pup, Luis grabs the two vampire hunters by their necks.

"And I guess I will be the one serving you both the tea"