Party Party Yeah

(Hyejin's POV)

Day 3 of keeping myself out of the tabloids. I was getting really bored at home. I sat on my balcony to get some fresh air.

A coffee cup in my hand, I inhaled the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee beans and stared out into the open. Tall building after tall building, I could count how many of them stood in my view because of how bored I was.

The length of my suspension would depend on how long the issues about me would disappear. Or how long I could keep my name out of articles.

My thoughts got cut off by my loud ringtone.

"Yeoboseyo," I answered.

"What are you wearing tonight?" an eager Hana squealed on the other line.

"Tonight?" I asked.

"Tonight..." she replied, less eagerly.

Silence filled the air as I tried to rack my brain for anything to remind what tonight was.

"My birthday?" she reminded me. "Hyejin! I can't believe you forgot about my party!"

I ran my fingers through my hair as I remembered.

"Hana.. oh my gosh. I, uh, I don't think I could make it," I bit my lip.

"Kwon Hyejin, did you just tell me that you are not going to my party?" she gasped.

I didn't really tell anyone about my suspension. Nobody knows about me laying low to avoid another stain on my name. Not even Jackson. I left that detail out.

"Hyejin-ah!~~~" she moaned. "You never miss any of my birthdays!"

"I know.. but something just--"

"Great! Then I'll see later tonight! I knew you wouldn't let me down. Love you!" she quickly hung up.

I stared at my phone screen in disbelief. Hana was the type of person you don't want to disappoint. She has always been my stylist since her internship when she was still in fashion school. When she graduated, she was absorbed into the company and assigned to me.

Knowing Hana, she would be having an extravagant party, meaning there would be a lot of people there. Maybe if I just wear something lowkey, something that wouldn't attract any attention to me, then I could peacefully attend her event.

I opted to go for a simple outfit that is slightly out of my usual style. I took my time by stalling since I didn't want to be early. My mind was set to going at the party when everyone is too busy to notice my arrival.

 My mind was set to going at the party when everyone is too busy to notice my arrival

--

"Hyejin!" My attention was caught by an already intoxicated Hana. "I knew I could count on you!" She said as she grabbed my arms and embraced me.

"Happy Birthday!" I said as I handed her a small paper bag with her gift inside.

She exclaimed and grinned  before grabbing the item. "But honey honey honey... " she eyed me up and down clicking her tongue. "You could have dressed up a little bit more."