Chapter 8 - Touch

Eliana pov

"You know you should stay away from him babe," Colton said as he drove me home.

After that whole fight with Miles Colton has been acting like he owns the world. Even though he didn't even win... I was supposed to go see Clara's mom in hospital but Clara then decided that she'd rather go alone. So now here I am with Colton when I'd rather be comforting my best friend when she needs me most.

"Did you hear what I said?" Colton asked slightly raising his voice. I raised my eyebrows and turned to face him. "Colton I have to see him...we're partners."

"Well I'll go pay the professor a visit" he smiled placing his hand on my thigh. I immediately took his hand off and he gave me a strange look. "What? Did I do something?"

"Yes...Colton, you're acting like my boyfriend. You're not. Also, you will not be visiting my professor. I'm capable of handling things myself." I said as Colton pulled up at my apartment building. "I'm seeing him tomorrow so I'll see you on Sunday I guess," I climbed out of Colton's car and shut the door, I walked into the elevator and I took my phone out of my back pocket to check my messages, I had a few from Colton and one from my mum.

M: Hey honey. Please come home I need you.

E: Soon mum, just stay strong for me.

My heart ached, I left my mum to come to be happy in New York. And she's living her worst life, because of him. It's all my fault, I'm the reason she is experiencing this and I hate myself for it...

I walked into my apartment to find Clara laying on the floor, I walked up to her and she looked like she had been crying. I gasped and got onto the floor to hug her. "Clara, what the hell happened?"

"My mom is really sick, Eliana she's been sent into surgery, she might not make it" Clara sobbed into my shoulder.

"No Debby will make it. Your mother is strong, I know she'll make it." I held Clara in my arms tightly letting her sob into my shoulder. "Let's buy ice cream and McDonald's? And watch all your favorite movies. You can come to sleep in my bed tonight." I smiled sympathetically rubbing my best friend's back.

"Okay," Clara sniffled, so I got up from the ground and I went and ordered a bunch of chicken nuggets and fries. I heard a knock at the door and opened it up.

"Hey, is she okay? I came as soon as-"

"Roman calm down, come in" I smiled, Roman ran over to Clara and sat on the floor hugging her. I smiled at them and walked into my room to give the two privacy. I hoped to have what they have they're honestly just adorable. He really cares about her.

When the food arrived, we all sat and watched movies, and around 2 am was when Roman left, Clara came to my room and we cuddled all night. I tried my best to forget about Colton and Miles so that I could be a good friend. But I simply could not get Miles out of my mind...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eliana wake up! Wake up" Clara shouted in my ears, "She made it! My mom is okay!"

I quickly opened my eyes and gave Clara a big hug, "I told you your mom would make it" She nodded at me and thanked me when she walked out of my room I decided to take a quick shower as my muscles felt very tense.

I hopped into the shower and let the warm water run down my body, I immediately felt relaxed, I washed my hair and did my normal morning routine, and decided to finally finish The Great Gatsby, I've never taken this long to read a book before so I thought why not finish it now; while I waited for Miles to show up.