Present: Concord, Massachusetts: 1869

With tears streaming down her face Jo opened the post box. Her letter remained untouched. She was both glad and dejected.

But she could still see the look on her sister's face as Andy and Teddy looked at each other. They were besotted and they revolved around each other. Like they were meant to be, even from the very beginning.

Jo dejectedly walked by the small bridge crossing the river. She looked at her unopened letter and with a determined nod ripped it into small pieces. Letting the pieces of paper fall freely into the waters below. She watched the soaked papers slowly drift away.

On her way back home she encountered Mr. Laurence talking with a couple in what seemed like a different language.

"Mr. Laurence?"

Looking towards her, the grandfatherly man gave her a warm hug, "Jo!" breaking away Mr. Laurence introduces the couple watching them.

"These are Antonio and Sofia Gucci. They are dear Andy's assistants"

Jo shook their hands, "Jo March"

With a thick Italian accent, the man beams at her, "It is gòòd tò méét yòù. Signorina Màrch tàlks véry fòndly of yòù"

Jo smiles, "I am very fond of her. Please come inside, the rest of the family would love to meet you"

Jo held Mr. Laurence's arms to escort them inside the boisterous March home.

Dinner that night was filled with so much life and happiness. The loneliness Jo felt was ebbed away as she looked at the smiling faces of everyone on the table.

For the first time in a while, she felt content. So with renewed vigor Jo March once again picked up a quill and began to write.

She wrote until the sunset and wrote some more under the candlelight. When she would get stuck she would look at her family, who despite all the challenges life has thrown at them, find happiness in the simple things in life.

Jo finishes the first few chapters of her novel and writes a letter to Mr. Dashwood:

Dear Mr. Dashwood,

Enclosed are the first few chapters of a piece I've only begun working on. It could suit as a story for young people, but I think it is probably quite boring. However, I'm sending it to you just in case it has something of value, though I doubt it.

Now the March sisters walked around Aunt March's empty mansion. The once dreary rooms were now cleaned spotless. Furniture is covered over, and the loss is felt in the grand rooms.

Jo ran a finger on the walls, "I thought she hated me."

Amy joked, "She could still hate you and leave you the house!"

The sisters laughed lovingly remembering their cranky Aunt.

Facing Andy she commented, "It was smart of Aunt March to leave her finance to you. Speaking of... what made you choose Italy?"

Andy just laughed, "Italy was more liberal. Less stifling rules for women. They care less about what's between my legs, and more of what's in my pockets."

Meg was scandalized while Jo was impressed.

"Anyway, I plan to invest well and give back to those who need it"

Jo smiled and turned to Meg, "What about you and John?"

"No, I don't need a grand estate." Finally, Meg was satisfied with what she has: a loving husband and healthy children.

Jo let out a random yell. The rest of the sisters jumped.

"For heaven's sake!"

"What are you doing?"