Chapter 18

It was apparently custom for the vampires to eat first and then the slaves could have the left overs, the hunger that Aerilyn had first felt soon disappeared after seeing how the other slaves were treated.

A servant had brought plates in for the pets which meant the masters could pick our food for them, if they wished to give anything at all.

It would be hard for the Queen to pick food out for the girl so she thought since she doesn't know what she actually likes to eat. Aerilyn's eyes had first floated to the chicken and then quickly to the potatoes and fruits, but again she was no longer hungry.

She couldn't exactly ask the girl what she wanted in front of everyone here, as much as she wanted to.

Little did Aerilyn know, the Queen was having an inner battle about what to give the girl, in a sense she wanted her to like the food and she was now cursing herself for not knowing what she liked, why did it matter though, she was only a pet, she shouldn't care but she did.

She then placed the plate down in front of Aerilyn "eat" she commanded.

Aerilyn physically couldn't eat but she couldn't tell her that. Luckily they began talking again amongst themselves, laughing and having fun. There were people trying to woo the Queen such as the man sat across a few people down, he was trying very badly to flirt with her.

He looked unkept for a vampire, if they could be fat he would be. His brown hair disheveled and blood red eyes raked over the Queen in desire.

"You look ravishing your majesty, it would be an honour to share a dance with you later, a beautiful woman like you shouldn't be sat alone, I am always happy to accompany you" he spoke trying to dazzle her, which didn't work.

"Lord Daryn, I must insist I am fine" her cold demeanor was known by all, how ruthless she was and so she just waved him off. Solenne, Luanna and Matheus scoffed at the prospect. All of the suitors wanted to court her but had no chance, her mad father had tried to marry her off but she would always refuse, of course she had flings but ultimately she was saving herself for her mate, hence she would not get serious with anyone else.

No one but the closest to her knew how important that was for Solenne, to find her other half. Her father never cared, he just wanted an alliance with other vampire covens. The second largest coven was the Triscius clan, their Prince was to be married to her, but neither wanted it, this meant that her father had to overthrow society without the clan, making him the most powerful in the country. Solenne's rule, was ultimately the biggest as they took up the entire West Coast whereas the Triscius clan had the East.

Because of how long she had been alive she had given up looking for her mate, the Queen grew tired of watching everyone else find theirs and her cold heart became frosty.

"Oo la la" Luanna spoke and smirked.

"You should consider his proposal, you are getting too old to be alone sister" Matheus warned.

A low growl erupted from the Queen, which made Luanna laugh.

"She is waiting for her mate, you know this" Luanna nonchalantly waved him off as she drank from her cup.

"Beside when have you seen her ever interested in a man" Aerilyn looked over to Luanna at this information, she was sat smirking already noticing the change in the girl. She was more curious than she should be.

Solenne couldn't help but think Aerilyn was never suppose to be at this party, she had not drank enough blood to keep restraint from her, she smelt divine little did she know, but Solenne couldn't hurt her, every night she lay in her room making sure she was okay, watching her dream or have nightmares, listening to that sweet heart beat.