39

Jennie reads her message instantly, not even texting back because she was already on her way to comfort her best friend. She knew something was up and her best bet was from it being Jungkook's fault.

Jungkook however, was so angry that he let a few tears fall from frustration. He pulled out of Y/N's driveway and went straight home.

It was pretty late and Y/N wasn't expecting any visitors this late, so when Jennie came knocking on her door, she was far from confused.

She opened the door to find Jennie all dressed up for her date.

She must've cancelled on Jimin last minute.

There was a very short silence between the two, and it wasn't long before Y/N burst into tears.

Jennie panicked a little, and immediately embraced her, letting the girl cry into her chest. She hushes her, rubbing the back of her head in a bid to comfort her. "Tell me what happened," Jennie closes the door behind them, guiding their way to the couch for them to sit down.

Y/N explained everything to her, from beginning ti end, not a missing out a single detail.

Jennie wanted to strangle Jungkook for what he did to her best friend. She did have to admit, that the relationship between the two made her feel weary at first, but now she knew why she felt this way; Jungkook was spoilt and selfish without any care.

"I shouldn't have slept with him.. I should've stopped after the first time, and I should've known the whole 'fucking without feelings' was fake." All she could do was state everything she was at fault for, with Jennie occasionally bringing up Jungkook's wrongdoings.

By now Y/N had calmed down a little, finally being able to speak clearly. "You shouldn't have come.. That date with Jimin must've been important."

"Nothing was more important than helping you out," Jennie shakes her head. There would be plenty of dates to go on with Jimin, but tending to her best friend was far more important. "Jimin is at his house right now to chew him out," she chuckles.

"Ah.." Y/N chuckles softly. "I don't think the chewing out will be necessary. Either way, I think we're both at fault."

Yes, both at fault for catching feelings for each other.

"I think what triggered Jungkook was when he spotted me going out with Hoseok. I mean, I did try and explain it was just a meal, but I'm assuming he didn't believe me."

Jennie hummed, "I understand why he'd be mad. I'd get pretty mad too if I saw Jimin going out with another girl."

****

Jimin was already standing outside Jungkook's house, waiting for him. He looked just as pissed as Jungkook was.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jungkook mumbles as he walks right past him and into his house.

"Ohoho, we're talking about it alright."

Jimin was most certainly chewing Jungkook out. Throwing insults at him on how much of an asshole he was, to convincing him to apologize to Y/N.

All in which Jungkook ignored.

"I'm not apologizing for anything that happened between us. We both agreed to fuck and we both agreed to have no feelings attached. Why am I being the one to blame?"

"Jungkook, you're so smart, but so fucking stupid at the same time," Jimin says, gesturing to the side of his forehead. "How the hell do you fuck someone on a daily basis and expect to not catch feelings?"

"She was the one who wanted it to be no feelings attached!" Jungkook throws his hands in disbelief. Jungkook getting yelled at by Jimin only pissed him off more.

In his mind, he believed he wasn't at fault for what happened. "I wanted to be with her and then she went out with Hoseok and said that we couldn't be together anymore." He explains still annoyed at her.

He crosses his arms across his chest arrogantly and still doesn't let up from his frustration. "She said that I don't prove that I love her."

"And I believe her. You always hide your feelings and before you can even say anything about them, it's too late," Jimin says with a shrug. "I also don't blame her for going out with Hoseok. She shouldn't have to wait around for you, and with the way you were acting around her the day before, going out with Hoseok was probably the only way to get her mind off of you."

What Jimin was saying made sense.

Why would anyone want to think about something so distressing for the whole day?

"But let me guess, she tried to tell you it was just a meal, but you didn't listen." Jimin stood there with his arms crossed, knowingly tilting his head to the side.

Jungkook opens his mouth to oppose but, as always, Jimin was right. His first reaction to seeing Hoseok with Y/N only made him upset. He should've listened to her first.

"That doesn't matter. I apologized so many times. I even had her meet my parents formally!" Jungkook still wasn't going to admit that he was wrong. He was stubborn. "How come you aren't saying what Y/N did wrong?"

"Because unlike you, Y/N knows what she did wrong, and she's admitting it." And Jimin was right, she straight up admitted everything to Jennie.

"You should've thought about taking her to dinner with your parents before you told her you didn't have romantic feelings for her..."

This made Jungkook realise that when she met his parents, he didn't know whether or not he actually loved her.

"I feel like a fucking asshole now..." Jungkook sighs clearly done with himself. How could he hurt the one he loved most like this? "Should I apologize now or give her space? I said some pretty hurtful things to her before I left," Jungkook admits shamelessly. He was so upset that he just said and did things with no holdbacks. He was definitely paying the price for it now.

"What should I do, Jimin?"

"Give her some time, don't talk to her straight away. Trust me, girls just want space after things like this," Jimin says, recalling the countless number of arguments he had with Jennie. "For now, you're just gonna have to be her co-worker and nothing more," Jimin tells Jungkook sternly.

The last thing Jungkook wanted was to jeopardise their careers with the issue.

****

Jennie decided to stay the night and be there for her when needed.

"So are you ready to apologise? Or do you need some time?" Jennie asks her.

"I don't know.. I'll see how I feel in a few days."

The two ended their conversations on a light hearted note, before going to sleep.

wc: 1134