A Wrong Turn

You were reading in the garden when Loki found you. You were so focused on the story you didn't hear him come up behind you. A gentle hand was placed on your head and you jumped. "Sorry little one." He laughs as he sits in the grass next to you. "It's ok. How was your trip?" "Fine but I have to go back." He sighs as he props his head up with his hand. You sigh and shrink into yourself. You missed Loki dearly when he would go on trips to Midgard. You always asked if you could come along but he would say it's too dangerous. "How long will you be gone this time?" You ask shyly knowing whatever answer you get will hurt. "Only a few days." "Oh." "Hey don't be sad my love. I have a surprise to make up for me being gone all the time." You couldn't help but smile. Loki always gives the best surprises. "You my darling wife get to come with me this time. I arranged it with Thor and the other avengers and everything is good to go. Surprise." You practically attack him with hugs and kisses. "Thank you Loki. I've always wanted to go there. I love you." You squeal as he rolls around with you on the grass. "You're welcome little one but we are leaving in the morning so run off and get packed."

"Just hold on tight and you'll be fine." He says as you and him step into the bifrost beam. You grab on to him like life depended on it. You didn't like the seemingly endless feeling of falling. "(Y/N) open your eyes. We're here." He coos as you notice you're on solid ground. The Midgardian sun was harsh on your eyes at first but with a few blinks everything came into focus. You looked up at a large white building with a huge A on the side. "Welcome dear sister to Midgard and the Avengers compound." Thor booms as he walks towards you and Loki. You sprint to the thunderers open arms and jump in them. Thor hugs you tight before placing you back on the ground. "Come in and meet the team." That's when your smile changed. You always get nervous when meeting new people. You're a very quiet and shy person all around. Loki noticed the change and placed a hand on the small of your back. "They are nice. It will be ok I promise." He whispers with a gentle kiss to your temple. "Just wait here and I'll let them know you guys have arrived." Thor says gesturing to an area with couches then leaving. You sit and Loki follows. "What if I say something wrong or they don't like me?" You ask as you fidget with your emerald necklace Loki gave you when you first started dating. "Oh sweetheart I'm sure they will love you. And they know you're Asgardian so they are used to the way we speak because of Thor. Just relax my love." He says pulling your hands away from the necklace to be held in his.

Thor returns with the rest of the team and Loki introduces you. "Hello everyone this is my wife (Y/N)." You smile and give a small wave. "Thank you for allowing me to come. I've always wanted to visit Midgard and meet its people." One by one you learn their names and what they do as avengers. "How about you two rest then we'll go out for dinner." A man you now know as Tony Stark says while the others nod. "Sounds good. Let's go to our room dear." Loki says standing up and offering a hand. Once you're down the hall the team all look at Thor. "So let me get this straight. She's his wife?" Tony asks with an arched brow. "Yes she is. I know it may seem they are an odd match but she does him good. Keeps him grounded. He really cleaned up his act after they got married. He doesn't want to disappoint her. A fair warning though, she's very shy, somewhat skittish and how you say, daydreams a lot. Don't be surprised if you have to get her to refocus sometimes." Thor laughs leaning back in his chair. The team nods and disperse till dinner.

"And here is where we will be staying. This is my room when I come here. It's nothing fancy like back hope but it gets the job done." Loki says as he opens the door. You walk in the large room and feel very comfortable. Sure it's not home but knowing it's Loki's gives you a sense of calm. "It will do just fine. Oh what's this?" You ask pointing to an electronic display mounted on the wall. "Oh one of Tony's gadgets. It controls everything in the room. Lights, heat, even the shower water." You marvel at the device and push a button that says lights. That takes you to a different screen where you can change the brightness and even the color. You laugh when you change it to green. You try out all the different color options before Loki intervenes. "How about you test the bed and give the lights a rest. They aren't used to being changed so quickly." He laughs guiding you away from the gadget. You slip off your shoes and lie down in the bed. It's very plush and cozy just like the one back home. "Like it?" You hum in the affirmative as you stretch out. Loki cuddles close to you and gives you a kiss. "Just rest for now. I can tell you're tired from the bifrost. Got a few hours till it's time for dinner, that should allow you to have a nice nap." "Will you nap too?" You ask not really wanting him to leave you alone in bed. "Yes for a little bit. Then I'll probably go see what restaurant Stark picked out for tonight. I won't leave till I know you're asleep though. Would you like to change?" You nod and in a flash you're in comfy lounge clothes so you don't mess up your dress by sleeping in it. "Thank you." "Not a problem my love. Have a nice nap. Love you." "Love you more." You say through a yawn.