chapter 20

Okay so I'm going to update every Sunday. That is my new update day... Since I never really set one haha. I might update extra during the week but I promise to have an update up every Sunday:)

some funny stuff if about to go down

Anastasia's POV:

"Ana, I think the chop to the throat is the way to go with this one. He won't even see it coming," Layla shrugs as she eats another spoonful of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream,"Plus, afterwards he won't be able to breathe."

We are currently laying on my couch watching re-runs of I Love Lucy. It's been eight hours since my encounter with Harry. To my surprise, Layla was at my door with ice cream when I arrived home. Apparently, she wanted a girls night. Once I had told her everything she kept coming up with ways to violently attack him.

"Or! What if we just cut off his díck." I roll my eyes and look at her as if that was the dumbest idea I'd ever heard. The truth is, I did want to cut off his dīck.

"Layla, I would rather just-"

"Eat ice cream and watch movies all day? That's not fun! You're giving him all the power. Let's go out. Let's go get drinks. Something! We can't do this forever."

"Lay it's literally been eight hours, not a week. I'm really down right now and any type of fun is not on my list tonight. I'd rather feel worthless with Netflix and ice cream then at a bar." I grab at her tub of ice cream and spoon some into my mouth.

"Ana, you is kind. You is smart. You is important." She coddles my head and I shove her off. Giggling lightly, she smiles.

"I'm not in the mood." I say.

"Laugh! I'm funny. Do you want to hear a joke? Okay.. Umm why was six afraid of seven? Because seven ate six's child."

"Probably the worst joke I've ever heard." Even though my heart was down in the dumps Layla's lame attempts to make me feel better actually did that. But she couldn't know.

"Well you try and do better!" She argues back.

"I think I'm just going to bed." I mumble.

"Are you kicking me out?" She laughs.

"No, you can stay if you want."

"Nah, you need alone time. I'll go. Get some sleep babe. I'll leave the ice cream." Grabbing her bag, she waves goodbye and shuts the door.

I grab the ice cream off the table and put it in the freezer. Tiredly I walk to my bed and instantly close my eyes.

•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•

Walking to the office I realize how awkward it's going to be. Even though Harry and I broke up, I'll still have to see him for this project. Although, I can avoid him and we only have a month left, I'll end up running into him. What if he brings his wife in? That's going to be so embarrassing.

The only thing not adding up is his family. Did they know he was married? Was that even his real family that I'd met? But it didn't matter, he said so himself. He's married.

"Morning, sleep better?" Layla asks as I set my stuff on my desk.

"It was okay, I just fell asleep." I shrug.

"Okay well, Harry is coming to the office in less that an hour."

What?

"What!" I screech but quickly lower my voice.

"Yeah, Mr. Davis said that they are in the conference room at 9am. And it's.. 8:20?"

"What should I do! I'm not ready to see him." I say. I can't see him. I'll end up in tears in front of all my co workers.

"I wish I could help. Maybe tell Mr. Davis you aren't feeling very good?" She gives me a soft smile.

"No, I'm bound to see him. I should avoid eye contact and speaking." I say.

"Okay you do that but I'm giving him a piece of my mind."

"Oh no you aren't. Layla don't talk to him." She looks up and smirks.

"Oh I will. The boy will be afraid to be within a mile of me." She states.

"Layla, for me? Please just don't." Rolling her eyes, she nods in agreement.

"Fine, but I wanna glare at him." With that she leaves the office.

Huffing, I sit in my chair and begin going over paper work. The clock ticks by slowly and before I know it, it's 8:45. He should be here soon. He always shows up early for meetings.

"Hey! The copy machine broke will you help me out?" Layla says peering into my office.

Shrugging, I look at the clock. He won't be here for ten minutes so I should be good. I get up and walk into the main room where Layla is standing over the copy machine.

"Okay so basically I was trying to print out pictures of cats and I guess it doesn't like cats, so it broke."

"Lay, this machine is for work not cat pictures." I groan. Lifting up the top, I look into the mechanical part.

"Shīt." Layla mutters.

"Huh what?" I begin to look up but she pushes me back down to the machine.

"Nothing just stay looking down."

"No, Layla wha-"

Looking up I see Harry with his executive friends shaking Mr. Davis' hand.

"I should have stayed down." I mumble,

"Yeah, next time listen." She growls but not rudely. More of an 'I told you so.'

Harry looks up and I quickly turn my attention to Layla.

"Let's pretend we are in conversation." I smile.

"Good idea." She laughs, like I said something funny.

Laughing back, Mr. Davis says, "Good morning ladies, please greet Mr. Styles."

I freeze. If I look up. He'll be right there. Slowly I bring my head up to meet his eyes. Mr. Davis nods and walks away.

"Morning, àsswhip." Layla smiles fakely. Harry doesn't turn his face to look at her. He just stares at me.

Thank god Mr. Davis walked away.

"Morning, Miss. Cruz." He finally says, still looking at me. His face holds a slight smirk at her comment.

Ana, pull it together.

"Good morning, Mr. Styles." I say smoothly. I also wanted to add 'How is your wife?' But I wasn't in the mood to argue.

His face falls slightly but he manages to keep a balanced face.

"Anastasia, you look beautiful as always." Layla scoffs quietly.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Don't be, I'm just stating the truth." He replies.

"Cool." I say.

"Cool." He mumbles back and leans in placing a kiss on my cheek. I didn't realize he did that until his lips were on my face. Pulling back a few inches he leans back in and places a kiss closer to my jaw.

"Stop." I whisper, pulling away and walking back into office.

•|•|•|•|•|•

so there is it!

QUESTION

DO YOU THINK ZAYN LAEAVING THE BAND TO BE SOLO WAS OKAY OF HIM TO DO? DO YOU AGREE WITH IT? COMMENT!

okay byeee

-ashley🚨