Chapter Forty-Two: Chloe

Class ended in a short period of time. They were going to lunch when they saw Chloe sitting at one of the tables, alone. They were curious about where Sabrina was and why she left her alone in the corner. They decided to join her in the meantime. Even though they're not that close, or even good friends, they still wanted to make the slightest bond with her.

"Hey, Chloe.." Adrien greeted.

"What do you want?" she spat.

"We're just here to sit with you. You look so lonely over here. Maybe we can join?"

"After what you said earlier? As if!"

"Chloe. I know you. I know you don't want to be alone right now. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but we're here for you."

She stayed silent and let them stay with her. Adrien on her left side, Marinette on the right, and Morgan in front of her.

"What is it?"

"It's about your mom." Adrien started. "We heard that there's something going on in your family. We're here to maybe help you out a little."

Chloe wasn't shocked that they knew. She assumed some people heard after the commotion yesterday. "So you heard.."

"Yeah.." Marinette replied.

"Well, it isn't exactly what you think it is. But it's still hard on us."

"Would you mind explaining to us what really happened?"

"My mom didn't cheat, at least not intentionally. She just told me that she was drunk that night, and when she woke up, she was really upset."

"Another drunken incident I see." Adrien replied.

"You're right about that, kitty!"

"I mean, at least Miss Nathalie had that happen with the person she loves, and not a random guy." Chloe said, trying to give a slight smile. "A bit of the public saw me freak out when my mom told me she was pregnant. I'm glad that only you guys found out and not a random person who could have spread it."

"I'm sure no one else found out about this." Adrien replied.

"But you know, it happened, so why not make good of it? You're getting a new sibling! Isn't that still exciting?" Marinette quietly exclaimed.

"I guess that's one good thing. It's still a mistake that she made. She could have been more careful when she's going out. Especially when it already happened once."

"We could see that. That's why we're here to help."

"I'm surprised that you're even willing to help me."

"You're our friend, Chloe. Of course we'll help you." Adrien blurted.

"Thanks, guys. Maybe we should talk about this in a more private place. Someone might hear us. See all of you near the main doors after school."

"Our meetup stop is all set." Morgan uttered.

Before anyone could reply, the bell rang signaling lunch is over. Everyone in the room stood up and went back to their next classes. "Guess we should head back to ours now."

"That's a good point. And we're almost late!" Marinette yelped.

"Let's now waste time then." Morgan pulled both Adrien and Marinette while Marinette grabbed a hold of Chloe's arm.

"Hey! Slow down, we're going to trip!" Chloe yelled.

Morgan didn't listen and continued to run until they got to class. She busted the door open and went inside. She tripped and they all fell down. All of the class eyes were on them. All of them just burst out laughing.