33 | Jade

Miami has been great to me

Under all the bright sun and positive energy, Timbaland and me were working day and night on this album. And for the first time ever, I was able to be hands-on with creating the beats and state my opinion on what I didn't want on each record. It felt good to be in control of what was mine.

..Without Cairo over my shoulder.

I decided to break for the weekend to attend a food tasting for Caren and Xavier's bistro. The location was in Berry Hills—the perfect place to start a business for the first time with it being surrounded by black businesses. The driver parked in front of the nice building of the bistro. The driver came around and opened the door for me, stepping out with the help of his hand, the TOM FORD metallic print lock sandals on my feet touched the ground.

"Thank you, Duncan." I said as he shut the door, "There's several restaurants around. Help yourself."

"Yes ma'am."

I raised one foot after the other,  heels clicking each step, towards the entrance in my golden, velvet midi dress embellished in sequins, with button detail. I went inside of the nice size space that was nearly finished. The joint snickering outdoors led me to believe I was the last one to arrive. My assumption was correct when I made it over to the side patio seating. My best friends were out there along with Caren's parents.

"Look who joined the party," Caren pointed me out, all eyes on me.

"Yess! My bitch lookin' like money!" Joie praised as snapped her fingers for emphasis.

"And happiness," Andi adds.

"Thank y'all. Hey guys." I greeted everyone, "Where are Xavier and the kids?"

Davina mumbled something I couldn't quite hear and Caren said, "They're with their grandparents."

"Other grandparents," Davina was sure to state.

That was a shock to me since Caren was adamant about not allowing that to happen. "Wow. Why the change of heart Care?" I asked.

"My question," Davina seconded.

Caren rolled her eyes and lowly told me, "We'll talk. Xavier inside."