Eight-four

Aries didn't leave Remus's side. Not after Dumbledore left. Not even after Andromeda side hugged her with a dazed goodbye. She barely noticed when Ben stood from his chair. Though he didn't leave, she didn't glance at him once.

"I know it's a lot to take in-"

"Does, Honey know?" Aries cut off Ben. It wasn't an accusation, but more like his answer would help her decide something of her own.

Ben hesitated before shaking his head, "No. My parents had taught me from day one to never share or express these abilities to anyone. Though I want to, especially after Honey had told me about herself being a Veela, it's been tough." He swallowed, she didn't have to look at him to know how much it hurt him not to confess. 

"I never understood why you two broke up." He spoke changing the subject. "It seemed like...with Remus you were the happiest I ever saw you." Ben spoke quietly.

Aries let out a small laugh at that. Remembering what felt like so long ago, "I'm surprised. Being a Slytherin yourself, you should know." She still didn't look up at him.

"Let me guess, it's complicated." Aries could hear the eye roll while she listened to him scoff.

"Well...not as much complicated...more of, unnecessary. I did...love him. Back when I hadn't left Grimmauld Place. Mother and father had arranged me into marriage after I turned of age. That being said, I couldn't stay with Remus." The raven haired girl explained.

"Do you still love him?" Ben asked, placing his hands in his pockets.

Aries was silent for a moment, a small smile enveloping her lips as she remembered their first date. The day he gave her the rose. The corridor kisses. How happy he made her. Helping her over her fear of swimming. Remus did so much, all for her.

She wasn't hesitating, nor was she unsure as she answered looking up at Ben, "I do. I never stopped loving him. I don't think I've ever loved anyone more." Aries swallowed roughly. Her head was still throbbing but she wanted to try anyway. Try and see where Remus was. Try and figure out what he was thinking.

"Stop, you'll hurt yourself more. You need sleep." Ben told her. Aries didn't care.

Opening up her mind, Aries thoughts were jumbled. They burned. They screamed. They drowned her ears in pain as she closed her eyes and floated into Remus's thoughts.

This time, he wasn't empty. His head was covered, full in memories. Even though it felt like her body was about to detach itself, she found his mind traveling through his most recent memory.

Though it wasn't a memory.

It was a relapse.

Though she didn't get a chance to look into it when suddenly a fluttery feeling entered her head. It made her feel light. Tired. Drawn into the dark space that her mind was being dragged into.

I'm sorry, Mere, but you gave me no choice...

Then, all was dark, black, and fallen into a mysterious, dreamless sleep.

__________

"When do you think she'll wake up?"

"It's only a matter of time with how loud your speaking."

"Shush!! The poor girl has gone through enough as is. We don't need you three hooligans waking her from her much needed sleep."

Aries felt the sleep begin to ware thin as she opened her eyes slightly. The curtains had been open but no more than milliseconds after she awake were they closed.