Chapter 18 - I'm So Sorry

Word Count :  2363

School had just finished and Tohru and I were heading up the mountain to the house.

"Octo-sensei!" A voice rang out above us.

"Oh, Mitchan-san..." Tohru says but before she could say anything else Shigure's editor zoomed past us.

"Did she just yell Octo-sensei?" I ask looking behind me where Mitchan was running off too.

"Oh no!" Someone screams above us. We ran up to where the screaming was coming from. There in front of the house was a woman wearing a green kimono. Her hair was tied up with a bow and she had books scared across the ground. "My bag! The bottom of my bag broke!" The woman screams. Tohru and I headed over and started picking up the books on the ground.

"Oh, please let us help you." I told her.

"N-no, that's too much to ask."

"Nonsense, we help each other when we're in trouble." Tohru adds.

"I'm sorry. I always cause nothing but trouble for the people around me. I'm already sorry for breathing. And here I am making you help me. I'm terribly sorry." The woman mumbles

This person reminds me of someone. But from where?

"I'll apologize! I'll apologize to all the world! I'm sorry!" The woman starts screaming.

"Are you Ritchan-san?" Tohru asks

---

"What is your child like?" Tohru asks. The proprietress pauses before starting to yell again.

"I'm so sorry. I understand the world's condemnation, but my only child is precious to me and a deeply kind person at heart! I will apologize!"

"I'm sorry! I won't ask anymore questions!" Tohru tells but she continues to yell

"I'll apologize to all the world!"

---

"Right, the proprietress from the hot spring's kid." I gasp.

"Oh not even strangers know my name. Am I that infamous?!" Ritsu yells.

"No it's..." Tohru tries to say.

"I've been living in careless ignorance this whole time! I apologize for causing trouble to everyone who shares my name!" Ritsu panics. The door to the house opens and Shigure sticks his head out.

"Oh. Why are you here, Ritchan?" Shigure asks. There was a moment of silence before Ritsu went back to shouting.

"I apologize! Someone like me shouldn't be visiting! I'm sorry!"

---

Eventually Ritsu calmed down and we were all seated inside the house, all except the boys who had yet to arrive home from school.

"This is rare! You're usually timid, but you decided to visit." Shigure points out.

"Y-yes, I'm sorry I caused so much trouble for Tohru-san and Ami-san earlier." Ritsu apologizes.

"No, not at all." I say.

"I'm glad to meet you!" Tohru says, placing tea on the table for us.

"So what prompted the sudden visit?" Shigure asks.

"Huh? Am I intruding?"

"Yeah." He smiles.

"I'm sorry! I'll go home immediately!" Ritsu yells and is about to take off but Shigure grabs the sleeve of the kimono.