Chapter 32: A Note

I bit my lips while staring at the pile of books beside me. I couldn't help but bawl in tears while imagining the things that I have to study to get a sleep. 

I glanced pitifully at the girl who was sitting comfortably in the other bed. She was currently sewing.

She's torturing me. I am certain about this!

I was about to keep studying these books when Eniza suddenly spoke. "What did Einna do to you?" She asked as she took another thread in her sewing kit. "I heard that she's still alive, but Grandma Sarah is keeping her in the cellar for her punishment."

I stopped reading the book as I turned my head to her. I stared at her for a moment while digesting the words that she said. It's terrifying to hear words like that from her.

'I heard that she's still alive.'

I bit my lips as I remembered how the cellar looks like. "Are you the one who tried to frame her?" I asked her curiously. Her lips twitched, her eyes became cold as if she heard words about the crime that she committed not so long ago. "Why did you... Do that?"

"Why are we here in the first place?" She asked. I became silent when I heard it.

To survive. To compete. To live longer.

"She was a threat. If she stayed longer, she'll be in my way," she said. "But you destroyed my plan when you stand as her witness," A smirk appeared on her lips with a cold look on her face. "You should've let her die. She'll only experience hell."

"Tch, It doesn't matter anyway, there are still a lot of chances to do it. And even if I didn't act to eliminate her. Chloe will do it on her own,"  She explained. "Don't be naive next time. Naive people will only die..."

I suddenly remember the fight that happened between Eniza and Chloe a while ago. Their argument was not that fierce but the content is intriguing.

I know that Eniza is arrogant, but when Chloe mentioned the word 'Little Sister' and 'Escape' to her...

Her arrogant face broke and was replaced by pure anger.

I am certain about one thing...

She tried to escape this hellhole as well.

But failed.

"Are you angry at me?" I asked carefully. Her mouth parted for a while. When she regained her exposition, she immediately raised her brows at me while knitting her forehead. 

She glanced at the books before me.

"That's a petty question," she said while rolling her eyes. "There will an elimination exam at the end of the month. A Series of quizzes and tests will come every week. You said that Grandma will make your quizzes harder," she explained to me. 

"If you can not answer those questions. You will die."

"Do you want me to survive?" I asked.

"No, I'm just doing my job and that is to guide you."

••••••

Gracefield Orphanage:

SLAM!

Ray slammed his hand at the table in front of Norman. There was a bored look on his face while staring at Norman's platinum hair. "Do you know about this?" He asked him. 

Ray took a childish notebook and wave it in front of him.

The gentle-looking boy widened his eye when he saw the unfamiliar notebook. "What is that?" He asked with a confused face. His eyes stared at the book with wonder. When Norman saw a familiar sticker on it, his confusion was suddenly replaced with amusement.