Talk of Victory and Life

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Evelyn?"

I turn to my side in surprise to see Daenerys sitting right beside me. My eyes widen in shock as I immediately sit up.

"Khaleesi! I- Oh!"

I get a head rush and groan in agitation.

"What have I said before about the formalities?"

"That you don't like them and you wish me to stop using them, Your Grace."

I remark with a grin and she goes to smack my arm but only her hand passes through like it has before. She sighs.

"I wish I was really there."

I nod.

"Your wars over there seem far more interesting than here."

"What has been happening as of late?"

She asks and I sigh.

"We've been facing small skirmishes here and there."

She nods and I continue.

"But we finally got lucky yesterday."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well, we defeated Tywin Lannister's lapdog, Gregor Clegane."

Daenerys raises a brow in confusion.

"Ser Gregor Clegane was a knight. They called him the Mountain. He certainly earned that, at least."

"Did you fight him?"

I nod.

"And killed him."

"Mm, was he honorable?"

She asks and I chuckle at her ignorance, not that I blame her for it. She would have had no way to know what he did to her family.

"Gods, no. Gregor Clegane was a monster. During the Sack of King's Landing, he and some other knight...they killed your nephew, Aegon, and you niece, Rhaenys. Smashed his head against a wall and cut her in half. All on the order of the fucking Lannisters."

I notice Daenerys' fist clench tightly and her violet eyes turn dark.

"I hope he felt pain before he died."

"He did, I made sure of that."

Daenerys takes a few deep breaths to calm down. It's silent between us as both of our attentions shifts over to the Isle at the center of the lake.

"What is over there?"

She asks.

"They call it the Isle of Faces."

"Why is that?"

Again I chuckle.

"Do you know of the Old Gods of the Forest?"

She shakes her head.

"There are not many people who believe in it anymore. The North is the major population that does."

"Do you believe?"

"In some ways, perhaps. I believe that the gods are just up there in the stars somewhere playing their game while we get our game of thrones."

I say and she smiles, laying back in the sand. I smile and lay back with her, laying down and watching the stars.

"When I come to Westeros, I want to see you in person."

I smirk.

"Maybe I'll visit you over in Essos first."

She smirks back and sighs in contempt.

"I would like that."

We stay up talking the rest of the night about the war and life itself. The stars were really something tonight.

~~~~~
A/N

Hope you all like this chapter. I realize it's really short but I like it.

Thank you all for your support!